My Story, My Dream, My Club. *The Season Begins!*

Iam Really getting into this African Allstars game, Cant wait for the season to begin. Are you competing in any cups etc ... ?

Seems like a pretty decent idea and layout for once.

Glad to see someone actually making an effort to do a good story.

Good luck with it :)

Iam Really getting into this African Allstars game, Cant wait for the season to begin. Are you competing in any cups etc ... ?

All English domestic cups atm.

Fingers crossed Europe next year. :D

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Pre-Season Friendly Roundup

6ymmud.jpg

Dissapointing result but it was a good chance for Andrew to assess not only the first team squad but also the reserves. The reserves showed how they can mix it with the big boys and this should give Andrew the incentive to give them a go now and again. Samuel Eto'o took his goal well and has proven how he can play upfront alongside Didier Drogba. Obafemi Martins' concussion is not a serious concern and he will recover soon. However John Mensah's strained knee ligaments will take 3 weeks to recover from so other centre-backs will be given the chance to shine

r0bkmu.jpg

This was a brilliant performance and warranted such an emphatic result Samuel Eto'o showed his finishing prowess once again and this time upfront alongside Marouane Chamakh who got on the score sheet as well. Sebastien Bassong took his chance to play after Mensah's injury well and scored a header from a corner. Sulley Muntari showed his composure and took his penalty well in the second half.

2urxdmc.jpg

Another good result and goals, once again, for Marouane and Samuel. Andrew is certainly getting the best out of those two. Youngster Khouma Babacar got his chance to shine in the second half and grabbed it with both hands by taking his chance well. The final goal of the game came from Chinedu Obasi when he tapped in a sitter.

33bhnr4.jpg

Chinedu Obasi scored his second goal in two games and this time it was an extremely well timed volley from the edge of the box. Obafemi Martins threw the strike force conundrum wide open again by coming on for the second half and scoring two cracking goals. Taye Taiwo's injury was just a dead leg so the left back position is still not confirmed by either himself or Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

23u205e.jpg

Our tour with Italy began with an emphatic victory over Vincenza where both the Toure brothers got on the score sheet. Kolo's goal was something to behold but not to be undone in the second half Yaya pulled a goal right out of the top drawer to score from 30 yards. Samuel Eto'o scored another goal for the club and is proving to be our main source of goals. Ishak Belfodil scored his first goal for the club with a placed finish from the edge of the box; showing how Andrew's policy to give the youngsters a run-out is working well. Salomon Kalou added the fifth from the wing and is staking his place in the starting line-up.

2gy0mrs.jpg

The penultimate game of our Italian tour saw us win another game with a decent goal margin. Yaya scored another great goal for the club from 25 yards out and this goal was followed by a powerful effort from Michael Essien; his first goal for the club. Another goal from Samuel Eto'o made it three and Khouma Babacar scored a late goal to give justice to Andrew's youngsters policy once again.

104n6s6.jpg

Not a very good end to the Italian tour but at least we saw Taye's ability with his free-kicks. We conceded a simple goal and it was the fault of Sebatien Bassong, although I was very happy to see the other players console him. The players are taking even these pre-season games seriously and although we did not get the result today there have been many good signs for the future of this club.

2eztw1u.jpg

Upon our return to England we played against Burnley, in a game which we dominated. Bassong's injury is a disappointment to him as he will now be out for a few weeks Emmanuel Adebayor finally got his first goal for the club and just like London buses you wait for ages and then two come along at once. Didier Drogba has yet to break his duct but I'm sure Andrew will help him to score his first soon. Joseph Yobo scored a powerful header from a corner and we are proving to be strong from set-pieces. Samuel Eto'o finished off the scoring and this was fitting as he was our star performer of pre-season.

quote Andrew McGovern
Pre-season let me have a look at not only first team players but youngster as well. I have a good idea of my starting XI but I may pull a few suprises.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Players Leave On Loan

Many of the youngsters have left on loan to our feeder clubs and even some to other clubs.

The following players have been transferred on loan to the following clubs;

Lukman Haruna -> Leeds United
Daniel Opare -> Leeds United
Younes Belhanda -> Sheffield United
Victor Anichebe -> Sheffield United
Omar Koroma -> Scunthorpe United
Ishak Belfodil -> Scunthorpe United
Torric -> Darlington

Regular reports will be provided by the scouts on these players' progress.

Unfortunately, Alex Song and Nicolas N'Koulou rejected many chances to go out on loan. I'm unsure
whether they feature in Andrew's plans so if they are staying to fight for their place in the team, they'll need to fight very hard!

29xxmwk.jpg

Anichebe - Looking for Victory with Sheff Utd.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Adebayor Saves Allstars From Embarrasment

34hthqq.jpg

Disappointing, very disappointing. Andrew tryed a very strange formation in order to try and play counter-attacking football and let all centre backs get a game. It did not work. Wigan took the lead through a simple pass-and-move routine and Moreno took his chance well, to be fair. We only started to show our attacking skills when we changed to a 4-3-3 formation after Wigan's goal. Didier Drogba didn't start due to Adebayor and Eto'o working well in pre-season. Although I see this as a mega disappointment; the fans were pleased to come away with a point when we were staring into the jaws of defeat.

2exlbb6.jpg

The formation which sparked confusion when announced

When taking this into perspective; it is a great acheivement for me and my colleagues to have got our team a match in the Premier League. But let's hope we do better next time out.

quote Andrew McGovern

This is not a display of inexperience, more a display of boldness in choosing this formation. I stand by my decision and may possibly use it again. I am pleased we have scored our first goal and earnt our first point in the Premier League. Manu took his goal well and we are happy with his performance especially.

2ji2pv.jpg

Wigans fans return home feeling empty handed; but with a valuable point on in the bag

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

Allstars Earn First Victory in the Premier League in Style!

10n9gzc.jpg

What a performance and what a result! Our first game at the Plateau Stadium and our fans were in for a treat. When Steven Gerrard pulled down Samuel in the box I began to think it could be our day, but about five minutes after Manu's penalty I though it was too good to be true. We got to the break in a good position but Liverpool were pressuring us. I'm not sure what Andrew said at half time but it surely got the players going. The second half performance was immense and Yaya's goal was great as well. Samuel rounded off a great day with a lovely slotted finish and this was fair as he was sensational for the whole game.

bi0xth.jpg

That's more like it: McGovern's use of the 4-4-2 formation paid off

Andrew reverted to the traditional 4-4-2 formation for the duration of the game and it proved dividends, I hope he continues to use it in future matches.

One thing to note is that our captain, Didier Drogba, is yet to start a game in the Premier League and has not scored a goal yet at all. Let's hope Andrew can turn this around.

29dzqbr.jpg

Pepe Reina can get nowhere near Toure's rocket

Last edited:
Samuel Eto'o----Emmanuel Adebayor----Didier Drogba
(Complete Forward) (Target Man) (Complete Forward)

^That would be epic

Cool, the change of formation made a enormous difference :)

Love it whens next update and also could you upload the Db for others to play mate.

When is the next update mate ?? HAven't seen new for about two months ... :S

Yeah, this story is dead now, but seeing a though there was interest, I will upload to .dbc if you want.

If you do want it like this post and I'll think about getting it up for you with the kits, configs etc.

Cheers mate also could you carry it on it look wonderful.

Deleted it I'm afraid.

Are people interested in the .dbc or not?

Here it is guys - hope you enjoy and I don't mind if somebody does a story on it, if I get a bit of credit ;)

And btw mods, you can close this now

PLEASE PLAY AND ENJOY!

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Badges and Kits are all included!

Last edited:
Cheers mate.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

What Database did you use.