Reaction score
I'm in my 3rd season with Man Utd now. My first two seasons i won the league, and in my second i won champions league aswell. Both seasons i scored 80+ goals in the league alone. This season however something has gone completely wrong, but i have no idea why.. Currently i have played 14 games and scored 18 goals(5 goals against ipswich in the first PL game). Most games my team is playing great up until the the attacking phase. I'm getting alot of goalscoring chances, but they just can't seem to put them. The only change i've done to my attack this season is that i bought Götze, but i can't see why that should affect the players even when he's not playing.

My formation is a 4-4-2 Diamond with a Deep-lying forward(support)/Trequartista and a Poacher.

So my questions are;
Has anybody experienced anything similar? Can it be a bug? Does anyone have any tips as to how it can be fixed?

I've seen this happen as well. My guess is that the AI coaches have scouted your tactic and are now deploying new tactics to counter whatever you used the most often. That's why I try to go with a new tactic every two seasons or have an alternate one in my back pocket just in case it is not working well. Then I change it up at halftime.

I also usually sub out whoever is doing 6.4 or worse at half time because if they have a bad first half it usually snowballs into an even worse second half. As long as your second team is pretty talented, it's usually a much better idea to sub out a 1st string player who is struggling than to stay with him and hope he turns it around.

As i said in the OP, my team is playing great. I'm getting pretty much the same amount of shots and shots on target as the first two seasons, but the problem is that whenever my strikers get a goalscoring chance they seem to either miss the goal completly or aim straight at the goalkeeper.

Thanks for the response though :)

It happened in football. That run of the green and slice of luck is the difference between 1st and 2nd place. Try to push on through it and change things up if they don't perform.