Adix

Reaction score
I'm in the 4th season with Portsmouth, and my main problem, since the first season is that my strikers won't score. Even in the Championship, my striker's tally was low. Last season, Babel ended as top scorer for me, scoring 12 goals in the league. Not too bad, but still not close to what I want (Di Santo with about 5, Nugent with 1 and Kanu with 0). Now, I have revamped my team, and I have a pretty solid team:

5kok85.jpg

65mhon.jpg

There you can see my team and my tactics. I used to play with a control mentality (and not changing anything) but I decided to change due to the lack of goals. [I play Buonanotte and Babel as strikers btw]. I do think this f*cks my game up. Lets look at the results.

a09e1v.jpg

they seem ok, but lets see who scored.

Ben Haim vs Bolton
Scott Dann vs Newcastle
Reo-Coker vs Reading
Granero vs Swansea.

No attackers. 2 defenders also. Imo, if my strikers stant scoring, I can eaily win more games (Like the WBA, Derby and Reading games). My stikers have a tally of 0. I play them one as a complete forward (attack) and the other as deep lying forward (support). I go alternate who plays where, but I never got any goals.

Any ideas? I've tried everything tbh.

i always feel 2 advanced forwards or an advanced forward and Poacher works well for me, scored 8 goals in last 2 games strikers getting 7 of them.

Just lost 2-0 to Stoke. Disappointing strikers.Babel hasn't scored in some 13 hours now

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

bump

Thats the reason why your not scoring, you have bloomin Babel up front lol

Babel should be used as an inside forward, not a forward, but if u were to play him there then I would use him as a poacher on the left hand side so he can cut in on his right. Use Di Santo as a Target man on support, see how that goes for you.

Thats the reason why your not scoring, you have bloomin Babel up front lol
He plays well for me
Babel should be used as an inside forward, not a forward, but if u were to play him there then I would use him as a poacher on the left hand side so he can cut in on his right. Use Di Santo as a Target man on support, see how that goes for you.
Hmm, I'll try it out. Got Everton next. Hes been training as a forward for some time now.

Upgraded my attacking coaches and id an attacking training schedule.

EDIT: Played as mccoolio told me, beat Everton 2-0 :) [Played Buonanote not Babel though]. Goals from Di Santo and an OG (cross by 'notte) I got 16 shots, 5 on target, they got 5 and 1 on target :)

Last edited:
Advanced Forward, Poacher

Advanced Forward , Deep Lying Forward

Target Man, Poacher

Advanced Forward, Poacher

Advanced Forward , Deep Lying Forward

Target Man, Poacher

Who is who?

Babel is doing better, scoring a few goals. Scored 4 in 1 game too :) :) Not too consistent though. di Santo scored about 2, but is now injurted. Anybody knows how to play Buonanotte and Galvan? I play 'notte poacher and Galvan Target Man or Advanced Forward. Notte scored 3 now (2 vs Walsall :p) and Galvan, still on 0 aver 900 minutes -.-'

im havin the same problem m8 im CRAWLEY TOWN in league 1

my strikers are:

FEBIAN BRANDY
JONATHAN OBIKA
ADEBAYO AKINFENWA
FABIO ZAMBLERA

the first season in the BSP BRANDY scored 57 goals then league 2 he scored 50 goals but now im half way throigh league 1 and hes on 12-15 none of my others strikers have scored more than 5 in a whole season !!!!!

my strikers are:

FEBIAN BRANDY
JONATHAN OBIKA
ADEBAYO AKINFENWA
FABIO ZAMBLERA

the first season in the BSP BRANDY scored 57 goals then league 2 he scored 50 goals but now im half way throigh league 1 and hes on 12-15 none of my others strikers have scored more than 5 in a whole season !!!!!

BSP and League 1 was very different matey ...
i think you should try revamped your team ... :mad:

i have signed some top quality playrs also brought a few faces in loan

GK oscar jansson
RB reece brown
CB mark o'brian
LB nathan baker
LM michael mcindoe
CM gary gardner

and obvs the forwads i have already said but still no luck i cant seem to score more than 1 a game looseing every think but i have beat QPR , DERBY , DONCASTER then loose to WALLSALL , YEOVIL , BRISTOL ROVERS ;(

Your set up is perhaps a little defensive, you'll contain teams well, and break up play without much of a problem by stopping the opposition from playing. The downside is that it'll be very scrappy in the middle of the park, and will restrict both teams from creating many clear cut chances. What I would perhaps suggest is pushing Babel out wide - play him as inside forward (perhaps on the right, and retrain him - he'll score a lot more goals cutting inside from a deeper position.) And play your AMC on the opposite flank, also as an inside forward. I think you'll see an improvement by implementing these tactics.
All the best.

my strikers are:

FEBIAN BRANDY
JONATHAN OBIKA
ADEBAYO AKINFENWA
FABIO ZAMBLERA

Please create your own thread.
Your set up is perhaps a little defensive, you'll contain teams well, and break up play without much of a problem by stopping the opposition from playing. The downside is that it'll be very scrappy in the middle of the park, and will restrict both teams from creating many clear cut chances. What I would perhaps suggest is pushing Babel out wide - play him as inside forward (perhaps on the right, and retrain him - he'll score a lot more goals cutting inside from a deeper position.) And play your AMC on the opposite flank, also as an inside forward. I think you'll see an improvement by implementing these tactics.
All the best.

It is defensive, this is because in my 1st season in the Prem, I conceded some 65 goals, second season some 45, and now, with 6 games to go, I conceded less than 30. 5th best defense in the league. I seem to may have solved my problem though. Bobel is scoring more frequently now, got around 10 goals in the league, and Buonanotte has got me some 4 goals. Galvan stuck with 1 (barley play him though) and di Santo is still stuck with his 5 month injury. I'm doing well now, doubt I'll change the tactics much.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:17 PM ----------

I didn't buy Galvan, and I got Sangogo instead, what should I play him?