My team are falling like a lead balloon :(

yamyam91

Reaction score
Dont shoot me down straight away for using a downloaded tactic but. I created a save with West Ham. Downloaded a decent tactic, Beat Notts Forrest 10-1, Beat Man Utd 6-1 in the quarter final of the carling cup. Then suddenly my team go awol and loose 5 on the bounce?! How can a team go from such highs to terrible lows in the matter of 5 games?! Any help would be great

You probably used all the luck points in the first two matches. They restore after a few games. Try to spread out the luck points only on the hard matches.

What the heck ^ ????

Last edited:
lol fm is being very realistic, and i don't think such things as 'luck points' exist.

what ur are tryin to say is in a certain period , ur team starts to perform at its best and then i dies off easily. its pretty common when u use a tactic for a long period of time, then suddenly, u start to deteriorate with it.

this my friend, metz, is not 'luck points' and therefore has no right word to explain it. :p (im pretty sure, XD)

SI and FM will be foolish to do something like this. !!!!

Last edited:
instead of laughing at the guy for the luck points thing,just help the op out...

Dont shoot me down straight away for using a downloaded tactic but. I created a save with West Ham. Downloaded a decent tactic, Beat Notts Forrest 10-1, Beat Man Utd 6-1 in the quarter final of the carling cup. Then suddenly my team go awol and loose 5 on the bounce?! How can a team go from such highs to terrible lows in the matter of 5 games?! Any help would be great

I often find I can dominate a league until about.. mid febuary, then my results go to pot, so what I normally do now is change my tactics around that time, and have them in my match prep from the start of the season so my team will be fluid in all areas when it comes time to use it. It's normally very similar to my origonal tactic, but with some changes to tempo/width and normally make it a bit more defensive. It seems to work for me.

You probably used all the luck points in the first two matches. They restore after a few games. Try to spread out the luck points only on the hard matches.

There are no such thing as luck points.

Can you show us some screenies for your team? That would help us out a lot.

Just joking to see if someone fell for there being such things as usable "luck points" in game.

Of course there is a luck points in the FM, you wouldn`t be able to win a CL with a ****** team from English division 3 :D

Of course there is a luck points in the FM, you wouldn`t be able to win a CL with a ****** team from English division 3 :D

WTF ^ !!!

yeah, so when arsenal played barca at the emirates, with rvp and arshavin scored the mesmerizing goals to shame the Catalans, u call that Luck points. pffff!

ITS CALLED HARD WORK PAID OFF!!! :)

Change your tactic at mid season. I did it with Villarreal and became champion. I changed my 4-2-4 into a 4-2-3-1 and I made an 18 games unbeaten run to come from 3rd place to the first.

Could it be that other teams start to learn how to counter your tactics? Or is FM not that advanced yet..

Have two or three tactics which your team is fluid with in match preparation and rotate them usually helps me go on a run or atleast end a run of bad luck [: