My team just cannot defend to save their lives!!

Blue Shark

Reaction score
Playing as Ipswich so one might say that is quite realstic except the defence was one area I strengthened, I brought in some new faces and ok they are far from being world class but are no mugs. I play 442 with the wingers pushed on and the central midfielders in a more defensive role. At home I dominate possession and score bags of goals. I have one striker who's scored about 15 goals in 13 games!!

But away is just the opposite, my team are just plain ****** awful the defenders leave massive gaps that are easily exploited even if they are instructed to close down and tightly mark. I think I've gone through about every possible defensive strategy but the result is always the same!! What the **** is going on?!!

Play deeper. And if that doesn't work it as simple as changing your tatics and player roles too suit your team!

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

What tactic do you play ?

I use the same tactic on my Sheffield Wednesday save, I've found for the harder away trips 4-5-1 works well with a holding mid sweeping up behind the main two in front of him and two wingers. You could pull them back into a 4-1-4-1 tactic maybe?