My team just doesn't seem capable of scoring in the second half

Craig2231

Reaction score
Hey guys, didn't know where to put this so i posted here.

Having frustrations with my Liverpool team atm. Like the title says, we just cant seem to score in the second half. We score a few in the first half but once the half time whistle blows, thats it no more goals for me (Not even against Exeter City in the FA Cup with a full strength team fielded). I'm seriously running out of ideas what to try. I've tried changing tactics but thats not worked, Stating my Anger at the team at half time (Even though we were 3 - 0 up) and I signed that Acquafresca from Genoa (Had 14 goals in 13 appearances) And he can't score in the second half either. I'm not conceding many goals which makes it ok but i would like to see my team bang in a few in the second half. Anyone got any ideas what to try?

I get this a lot, and I know that a lot of people do too.

I find this helps: a team talk of Encourage (if 1-0 up), Don't expect performance to drop (if 2-0 up) and Pleased (if 3-0 up or above), then go into the second half with Control mentality, then after about 15 mins change to Attack. Try it out.

go control play wider and look for the overlap, also if you give a team a pasting in the first half your players get complacent, i never praise my players at half time, 9/10 you'll concede a goal quick when they get sloppy

i either say nothing, dont let you performance drop if we're leading well, encourage if its tight, or disappointing/wheres the passion when below par.

sometimes i even switch to defensive to hold possession, then like mike says switch to attack and hit them again

Change your strikers even if there not as good the fitness levels could give you something extra and maybe a player is ready for his debut or wants to prove a point.

It depends on what you mean by not scoring.

Are the strikers getting the chances?
Are the midfield providing the balls?
Are the strikers second to the ball?

Strikers are getting plenty of chances, one on ones and they just seem to sky them or blast them straight at the keeper. Some of the misses ive seen would be embarrasing for a BSN player nevermind a top class premiership player

then go into the second half with Control mentality, then after about 15 mins change to Attack. Try it out.
Thanks, but what if you are already in control mentality or attacking?

Well no, it's just to hold onto the lead for a period of time, then after about 15 minutes after the break you go back to Attacking mentality and should work. Does for me (A)