My Team, My Club, My Dream...... An Aston Villa Story

Reaction score

My Team, My Club, My Dream...... An Aston Villa Story

View attachment 210230

View attachment 210231

Breaking News:

Alex McLeish Sacked as Aston Villa Manager.

View attachment 210232

Sky Sports Sources have revealed that Alex McLeish has been sacked as manager of Aston Villa. With just one season in charge, he guided the club to a mid table finish of 13th.
Chairman Randy Lerner saw this as a poor finish with a club that should be contending for the European places.
With Randy Lerner not keen to splash the cash, whoever is installed as the new manager will have to sell before they can buy.

24TH JUNE
View attachment 210231
Rookie Manager named at Aston Villa

Aston Villa have announced that unproven and relatively unknown manager Desmond Pugh has been named as the new manager of the club.
The Aston Villa supporter who arrives at the club with no experience of management is seen by the board to revitalise the club he loves and a complete revamp of the club seems in order.

View attachment 210237

BOARD ROOM MEETING​

Randy Lerner welcomed the board, to the meeting along with myself (Desmond Pugh), the new manager of my dream club Aston Villa.

Mr. Lerner started by introducing me to the board and reassured me that i had the full backing of the board.
He confirmed my contract which was a two year contract.

I thanked the board for choosing me and read out a brief statement which i believed showed what i would like to do in the first two years....

"Gentlemen, thank you first and foremost for giving me the opportunity to manage the club i have supported since i was a small child. Whilst i am manager of the club i will always give 100% commitment and will make sure that this club once more is at the top of the league. My short term plan is to make major changes to both playing and coaching staff and hope that the board support the decisions that i make and faith in them. Within my first two years at the club I aim to have this club once more playing in a European competition and if given the opportunity, i want to get this club in the champion's league within 4-5 years. I would like to know what initial budgets i have so i may go away and plan my initial set up for the upcoming season. I would once more like to thank you all for the opportunity and hope we can work together to bring success both on and off the pitch."

Mr Lerner whispered in the ear of the managing director Paul Faulkner who simply nodded in approval.

Mr. Lerner stood up and stated my budgets for the next 12 months.

"In terms of money for acquisitions i will give you a total of £20 Million plus 95% of any money the club receives from selling players.
In terms of wages, you have no more then £300,000 to spend which would make it £1,000,000 in total.
These terms are non-negotiable and i believe it shall be more then enough for you to deliver the targets you have set for yourself."

After thinking that Randy Lerner wouldn't give me much to hear £20 million plus sales to spend i thanked him shook his hand and left the board room.

My first job was to completely re-evaluate the backroom staff, with the first job to find a assistant manager.

I love Villa stories, had my best success as a football manager in fm10 with villa, won everything and had a killer squad!

Will follow

NEW COACHING STAFF

The Photos below show my new look to the back room staff as Aston Villa...

View attachment 210301View attachment 210302View attachment 210303View attachment 210304View attachment 210307View attachment 210308View attachment 210309

From Top Left - Bottom Right.

Brian Eastick - Youth Coach
Nigel Spink - Goalkeeping Coach
Tony Cascarino - Coach
Gary Lewin - Physio
Paul Winsper - Fitness Coach
Martin Laursen - Coach
Steve Harrison - Assistant Manager

I am really pleased with my new look back room staff and now aim to get in at least 10 new players and letting 12-15 players leave.

Transfers and Pre-Season review follows

2012-13 SEASON PREVIEW

After a lowly 13th finish in the league last season, New manager Desmond Pugh knows the pressure is on to guide his squad to the top half of the league.......

TRANSFERS IN

NAME FROM COST

Ryan Shawcross Stoke City £7 Million
Diego Buonanotte Malaga £6.5 Million
Leroy Fer FC Twente £6 Million
Steven Davis Rangers £5 Million
Carlos Kameni Espanyol £4 Million
Jan Vertonghen Ajax £4 Million
Roque Santa Cruz Manchester City £500,000
Jonathan Inter Milan On Loan

TRANSFERS OUT

NAME TO COST
Charles N'Zogbia Marseille £10 Million
Stephen Ireland Fulham £5 Million
Jean II Makoun Hamburg £4.1 Million
James Collins Stoke City £3 Million
Stylian Petrov Celtic £2 Million
Emile Heskey Middlesbrough £2 Million
Carlos Cuellar Sevilla Free Transfer
Brad Guzan Released
Habib Beye Released

CURRENT SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS
Shay Given
Carlos Kameni

DEFENDERS
Ciaran Clark
Richard Dunne
Alan Hutton
Jonathan
Eric Lichaj
Ryan Shawcross
Jan Vertonghen
Stephen Warnock

MIDFIELDERS
Marc Albrighton
Barry Bannan
Diego Buonanotte
Stephen Davis
Fabian Delph
Leroy Fer
Gary Gardner

FORWARDS
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Darren Bent
Nathan Delfouneso
Roque Santa Cruz

How did Aston Villa get on last season?
Not too well. They finished firmly in mid-table and was knocked out of both cups early on. After flirting with relegation in April. The club just did enough in the final weeks to stay clear of trouble. Alex McLeish was sacked for the teams performance last year.

So what's changed during the summer?
Well apart from a new manager quite a bit actually. Pugh has completely refurbished the back room and playing staff. With a new centre back partnership of Ryan Shawcross and highly rated belgium international Jan Vertonghen. Aston villa have a new look about them.

How have the team done in pre-season?
They started off with a win against local team Solihull Moors before having a 3 game tour of the Netherlands in which they beat FC Zwolle and De Graafschap but narrowly lost to PSV. After that they beat Plymouth 4-1 before hosting South American giants Estudiantes and Corinthians, they won both games 2-0.

What do they want this season?
The supporters want improvement, and chairman Randy Lerner wants Champion's League football sooner rather then later. Realistically, Villa should be challenging for Europe and their best chance of silverware is in the domestic trophies.

But will they get it?
All the pre-season hype might actually come to something this season. The additions of Shawcross and Vertonghen will earn them crucial points over the course of the season and in Desmond Pugh they have a young and motivated manager who will be pushing them all the way.

Prediction: 9th

Next up is my august results......