My team robbing the transfer money when I sell my players!

R00dris

Reaction score
I happened to sell Mateo Kovacic from Inter to Manchester United for 75 million euros and I received only around 33 million. I got robbed by my own board!

My team is taking more than half of the transfer money. Why is this happening and how can I prevent this?!

Maybe your club has a poor financial status?

You can see how much of transfer revenue is made available at Finances -> Summary -> General Finances.

I happened to sell Mateo Kovacic from Inter to Manchester United for 75 million euros and I received only around 33 million. I got robbed by my own board!

My team is taking more than half of the transfer money. Why is this happening and how can I prevent this?!
View attachment 245062

Check what the board has made available to you. Remember, it's not your money; it's theirs.
Players are assets of the club. It's up to them how much of the money they decide to give you.

P.S. Unless you agreed the 75M all up front, you won't have access to it all. The board
won;t give you the respective value of the transfer until the club has actually received
the monthly payments form the buying club.​

View attachment 905759

Check what the board has made available to you. Remember, it's not your money; it's theirs.
Players are assets of the club. It's up to them how much of the money they decide to give you.

P.S. Unless you agreed the 75M all up front, you won't have access to it all. The board
won;t give you the respective value of the transfer until the club has actually received
the monthly payments form the buying club.​

Is this a new feature of FM15? In FM14 I always received 100% of the money.

Makes it very hard to rebuild a squad with this feature.

Nope, it's been a feature for a long time. Where do you usually manage? English clubs next to always get 100% since the TV rights bring in a fortune.

You can attempt to renegotiate the percentage with the board in the board requests and this has indeed been a feature for as long as I can remember

Nope, it's been a feature for a long time. Where do you usually manage? English clubs next to always get 100% since the TV rights bring in a fortune.

I usually manage Internazionale and in FM14 I'm pretty sure I got 100% or next to it. Maybe in FM15 Inter became poorer or Italian clubs changed somehow, then.

I noticed that now the Inter wage budget is way way smaller than before. Maybe it's a club crisis.

I usually manage Internazionale and in FM14 I'm pretty sure I got 100% or next to it. Maybe in FM15 Inter became poorer or Italian clubs changed somehow, then.

I noticed that now the Inter wage budget is way way smaller than before. Maybe it's a club crisis.

Just done a quick google search. Inter milan (and a lot of other Italian clubs) are massively in debt.... like, huge debt. If you combine the teams, the league is roughly 1.7 Billion Euro in debt. That's probably why you've no money to play with, the board is making sure you don't go bankrupt.

Well, it all makes sense now. Just started a new save with Man. Utd which is a team I like, also to check about this transfer revenue stuff, and it's 100% indeed just as you said it would probably be.

Will make my life easier I guess. But if I get bored I will return to my Inter save.

You can attempt to renegotiate the percentage with the board in the board requests

o.png

Even on my Barcelona save I'm in my fifth season, through my forth season I was only getting 35% of transfer revenue, although sometimes it is nice to get the 100% it makes you very shrewd with a budget. Although in all fairness Barcelona don't really need players.

If your club is in a poor financial state, the board has the privilege to simply drop the transfer revenue percentage. That's normal, happened to me as well - mostly in the mid of the season, when you don't really have that much income.
What you can do is to pay more attention to your expenditures (wages, agent fees, transfer fees, signing on fees) and it shall be fine.

It can be really really annoying but unfortunately its a feature, not a bug.

Hope this was helpful.

It might be a blessing in disguise brother!

To be honest that thing sucks, but it might be a blessing in disguise, really (6)

In this era of Financial Fair Play, I'd rather really leave like 50% of my transfer revenue for the Board, because frankly, if we are not in that big-horse-in-Europe team (no offense to Inter at all) or/and being in great debt or difficult financial state, spending much in the transfer market will not really be prudent and sustainable strategy for our team. Give the board the money, let them clear the debts gradually, upgrade facilities and recruitments, and give us more staff. The transfer kitty given to us at the beginning of the season is the best to play with.

I mean, key player signings will definitely be make or break. Say, we sign Marquinhos after selling Kovacic, or we sign Eriksen after selling Kovacic for a similar fee, if we fail to make impactful finish in our nation and Europe, these players will most likely want to leave our club as they want to 'seek trophies'.

In the contrary, if we win much, giants like Madrid or Juventus will simply come knocking for them and they will probably get unhappy mostly -- unless their loyalty to club is strong -- if we can't promise them what they want.

There goes our 'key player' signing, such a shame if that happens to us (bcs that happens to me too, I'm at Wolfsburg). The Kovacic buyer is now enjoying Kovacic in his prime, and here we are losing our expensive-*** Eriksen or Marquinhos. The transfer revenue we get for selling them might be even higher -- although only small margins -- but the risk that the player's value actully drops might make the fee similar or even less then the coup we bought them for, THEN the revenue given to us will be smaller to due to the transfer revenue percentage in the first place.

The FFP is seriously pushing us to our limits of financial management, and I'd say why don't we let them bring it on? Let's buy cheaper younger South American or East European talent that has better sell-on value. Let's do more scouting. Let's raise our own players, bring our academies into the frontier of it all. And leave the 50% percentage of transfer revenue for the Board, so we can actually do the grand goal -- AVOID THE FFP PUNISHMENT. Seriously, being left out of European Competition for a season is PAIN IN THE FCKIN ARS*E. It's a vicious cycle of getting less revenue (no Champs Lgue or Europa Lgue) -- being in greater debt -- being in greater loss in season -- failing FFP -- not getting europe competition -- getting lesser revenue.

Soak up all the ****, and in the 3rd or 4th season if we do things with prudence, our finance will get better and eventually the transfer revenue will increase!

Hope that helps! :)

Cheers!

in real life most clubs won't give you all funds back from transfers.
only England the big clubs I guess and maybe the large german do.
but I cannot imagine teams like Norwich and qpr give you 100 % either.
and isn't it more fun to puzzle around with what you get then just go to a club and buy any one you want/?