My Thoughts on the FM15 new features + Watch the match engine here.

FM Jacko

Reaction score
[video=youtube;2fMllY10PnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMllY10PnM[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMllY10PnM

I really wanted to make a video on this, I have some strong feelings to the new features. Please give it a watch. What do you think of the new features? Do you agree with me?

Thanks!!! :)

I'd imagine that the "ranged attributes" from the scouting reports will have an on/off option at the game creation menu much like the "hidden attributes" option that is already in the game. I love this new feature but it'd be foolish to force players to have to play with the option as one of the things that makes FM as good as it is is that you choose your own preferred level of realism and immersion.

All in all, I enjoyed the video

The match engine the more I see it looks like it's full of bugs. The way the players look like they are skating on the grass looks odd. I really like the tactic manager and the Tracksuit manager I wonder if you put the tactics bar up does that mean your tactics are likely to work?

If the ME has bugs it doesn't matter. It will still have to go through the BETA phase to iron out any problems before being released.

Bendn, yes that's what I was thinking. Hopefully it will be an option on the start screen, that would make sense. But they are right to implement this feature, of course, as there will be a lot of people that like this feature.

BobbyMoore, hmm that's interesting point. Maybe it will make players get used to your tactics quicker? Who knows. And it does look a bit buggy, but we must remain optimistic! :)

ajt09, Yup a lot of the bugs will be fixed during the BETA period I hope :)

If the ME has bugs it doesn't matter. It will still have to go through the BETA phase to iron out any problems before being released.

dont want to be a **** but, last year i dont think the ME was playable period.

I don't think the "ranged" scouting works that way. As I understand it, the ranges will replace the blank attributes from previous versions, which means you won't miss out on a player you don't know the Pace attribute of because you used a Pace > 15 filter for example. If you do scout the player, you will get those attributes as they are.

Personally, I wouldn't mind there being a range on stats depending on how good your scouts are, but I don't think the FM grading system allows it. After all, the difference between 15 or 17 is not unsubstantial. The grading system of FIFA is more suited for ranged stats, since 75-77 is only a 2 percent gap (as opposed to the 10% for the same absolute difference in FM). Your scouts can already be a few percent off, it's not likely to change the number in their report.

I actually like the tracksuit/tactical manager addition a lot. And of course your past playing experience is going to play a role. This was already present in previous versions, it was just never explicitly visible. It's great that you can now see the difference and I'll still be going with "Sunday League Footballer" everytime. Less skill points to divide? Great! I like a challenge and I'm keen to prove myself. I am curious if you can add more as you become better and more reputable though. I would assume so.

Out of interest, do a lot of you lot use attribute masking? I have never used it personally but I do like the new idea with the ranged attributes.

Out of interest, do a lot of you lot use attribute masking? I have never used it personally but I do like the new idea with the ranged attributes.

If you don't enable attribute masking, what's the point of scouting? I think most people do leave it enabled (as I believe it is by default), at least I do. ;)

I always leave attributes masked as I prefer to play as realistically as possible-especially when doing LLM

The match engine the more I see it looks like it's full of bugs. The way the players look like they are skating on the grass looks odd. I really like the tactic manager and the Tracksuit manager I wonder if you put the tactics bar up does that mean your tactics are likely to work?

You are watching a match engine. Not only that, but you're watching an old match engine. You can draw essentially no conclusions from that.

dont want to be a **** but, last year i dont think the ME was playable period.

Hahahaha

Jesus ******* Christ. You're not being a ****, you're just wrong. You think that's ****'s unplayable, you've got a very short memory.

If you don't enable attribute masking, what's the point of scouting? I think most people do leave it enabled (as I believe it is by default), at least I do. ;)

I play without it. Scouting reveals plenty of stuff: it indicates hidden attributes, personalities and most importantly potential. It just seems unrealistic for me to not know Jack Wilshere's attributes given he's playing every week in the Prem in full view.

I always leave attributes masked as I prefer to play as realistically as possible-especially when doing LLM

Haha I guess I should be ashamed of myself then. Suppose it does make sense re the scouting. I guess it's just something I always disabled since I was a kid. With the attribute ranges on this years version I think I will give it a go then!

So excited for the new release. I can't even bring myself to play FM14 right now, I need FM15!!!

I play without it. Scouting reveals plenty of stuff: it indicates hidden attributes, personalities and most importantly potential. It just seems unrealistic for me to not know Jack Wilshere's attributes given he's playing every week in the Prem in full view.

Yeah that logic works for Wilshere, but his attributes will already be shown exactly for that reason. Only for players you wouldn't realistically know the attributes of, they are masked. The masking does make it more realistic and if you're gonna scout for potential anyway, why not leave it enabled? ;) The ranged attributes make it even more realistic in my opinion.

Yeah that logic works for Wilshere, but his attributes will already be shown exactly for that reason. Only for players you wouldn't realistically know the attributes of, they are masked. The masking does make it more realistic and if you're gonna scout for potential anyway, why not leave it enabled? ;) The ranged attributes make it even more realistic in my opinion.

Except his attributes aren't always shown. It's crazy when you think about it. Lower league clubs who have terrible scouts are essentially forever gambling on players, no matter how well known they are. The masking doesn't really make it any more realistic, it just makes everything take twice as long. I'm going to sign the best players either way, all it does is put the big clubs and more importantly the computer at a rather unfair advantage.

I'm not enabling it because the idea of a Premier League player not having every skill and attribute of his already known down to the bone is crazy. I just think it's ridiculous that I can find a player somewhere else in Europe and know LITERALLY nothing about them before I send a dude out to take a cursory glance, despite the existence of, you know, Google.

Except his attributes aren't always shown. It's crazy when you think about it. Lower league clubs who have terrible scouts are essentially forever gambling on players, no matter how well known they are. The masking doesn't really make it any more realistic, it just makes everything take twice as long. I'm going to sign the best players either way, all it does is put the big clubs and more importantly the computer at a rather unfair advantage.

I'm not enabling it because the idea of a Premier League player not having every skill and attribute of his already known down to the bone is crazy. I just think it's ridiculous that I can find a player somewhere else in Europe and know LITERALLY nothing about them before I send a dude out to take a cursory glance, despite the existence of, you know, Google.
I don't know if that's ever been the case with me. Granted, I usually go for low league clubs which means I rarely even look at those kinds of players (can't sign them anyway).

I can't imagine the computer clubs wouldn't have to scout as well when you enable masking. Also, it's not because a player can be watched regularly or is well-known (like Wilshere) that all his attributes are quantifiable without looking at him more carefully. Work hours still go into that. You know his strengths and weaknesses, but some things you still need to research a little. In any case, Google and YouTube can only get you so far. Often all you get from that for a lower league player is a name, a position and a short player history, which is exactly what you get on FM. Or you won't even be able to Google them because you simply don't know they exist. For non-lower league players I agree some knowledge would at least be obtainable irl without sending someone out there. But I'm guessing that's what the ranged attributes will realize.

On the other hand, since clubs are starting to use the FM database for their scouting, it might now indeed be more realistic to disable the attribute masking. Or maybe SI can implement an option for clubs in the game to buy into the system so you can start out with attribute masking (or 'ranging' I should perhaps say now) enabled and ask the board to buy into the system to disable it.

I like the new interaction with the players pre-match and during matches. Battling players complacency was something I mentioned at the SI forum wishlist. I've found curious that not even a single screenshot was shown about Team Instructions, but let's hope something new will come out.