amaze

Reaction score
- I will be playing on the transfer update (as of 8/07/2012) with the updated leagues. -

Chapter one - The beginning!
After Harry Redknapps sacking, Tottenham Hotspurs were in the hunt for a man who could bring them success within two years. I was approached and took on the role.

I have been given a 39m transfer kitty and this is my story.

Key players -

Luke Modric

View attachment 259368

After a terrific season, carrying the Tottenham midfield to a top 4 finish. Major clubs such as Chelsea, United and Real Madrid are all after the lad, keeping him is my number one aim.

Gareth Bale
View attachment 259369
The Tottenham done me a favour in making this lad sign a new contract before i put pen to paper. Amazing pace, skill and technique, this welsh lad will walk into any team in Europe and i plan on making him a key player and has the abily to be a Tottenham Britsh legend.

Kyle Walker

View attachment 259370

Young lad, already ready to be competing with the best, had a quality season last year and is involved in the England setup.

Areas of the squad that need improving and potential targets -

Goalkeeper - Friedal is 40 years old now, getting on abit and Gomes is a hit and miss goalkeeper, has a good game then will have a shocker, so a goalkeeper is definitely a must have.

I will be looking at Stegen, the young lad from Germany, Jason Steele from Middlesbrough and Handanovic from Udinese who impressed against England at the recent world cup.

Centre back - All of the clubs centre backs are getting on abit so a new young lad who is ready to prove himself in the highest level of football would be a great addition to the squad.

Vertonghen has been linked with the club for a while now and is unsettled, so will be my number one target. French champions montpellier centre back Yanga Mbiwa caught the eye of many top European clubs and i will be in contact with his agent regarding his availability.

Winger - Lennon is a little unreliable, and with the tactic i plan on using, a new winger is a must.

I will be looking to raid Shakhtar by looking to sign either Willian or Douglas Costa, which ever is the cheapest as in my opinion they are around the same ability.

Striker - With the offload of Pavlechenko, and Adebayor going back to his parent squad (Manchester City), i don't think Defoe is good enough to bring the success that this club deserves in single handedly.

This is my main transfer priority as a top striker makes the difference at any club. I will be using the majority of my transfer kitty to improve this area of the squad. I will be looking at numerous targets, and im going to keep this transfer to myself for a little surprise for the readers!

I hope you enjoyed the start, i promise you will enjoy this one!

Are you committed to this story? if you are i will follow :)

Chapter two - The transfers begin!

Chapter two - The transfers begin!

After discussing my potential targets with the board, i decided to get straight to work by contacting many different lads agents and discussing availability.

I ended up putting in offers for;

Marc-Andre en Stegen - 6m
Jan Vertonghen - 6.5m
Willian - 7m
Leandro Damaio - 23m

Offers coming in -

I had many offers for some of my lads and clubs are already discussing contracts with the following players agents after bids were accepted;

Jermain Jenas - Aston Villa & Celtic
Giovani Dos Santos - Benfica & Newcastle
Jake Livermore - QPR, Sunderland & Southampton

I also replaced the current club Assistant manager Les Ferdinand with Fausto Salsano as i want an Assistant manager with a little more experience and he will be doing allot of work that not many assistant managers usually do.

He will be managing the team in all pre-season games as i stay in London to discuss transfers with new incoming players. This might seem a little lazy but its how i like doing things and i want Fausto to get to know the team a little more and he will be reporting to the moment they are back after every game.

BREAKING NEWS
Tottenham make the first transfer of the current window!

View attachment 259375
Jan in the recent friendly between his nation Belgium and England

Tottenham Hotspurs have signed Jan Vertonghen from Dutch outfit Ajax for a fee of just 8m. He had been strongly linked with the clu last summer, but has finally made his what he described as "his dream move". He arrived in London just 2 days after Aj McClure had been appointed, which shows he has got stuck straight in and secured the signing of a player that has be chased by many other top European clubs.

My first signing for the club was Jan Vertonghen. He is a young, experienced defender who can also play as a defensive midfielder and a sweeper, which could come in handy due to injuries, but i plan on using this lad in the first team
immediately.

Chapter three - More signings!

After bringing in Jan Vertonghen, the dressing room was ecstatic, as they went off to the states and played the American outfit San Jose Earthquakes in a pre-season fixture, coming home with a 2-1 victory.

To build on this, i was glad to confirm the capture of 3 new lads and the departure of a top player.

Milan Bedelj - Dinamo - £3.6m

View attachment 259378
Milan for previous club Dinamo.

I managed to sign Milan Bedelj for 3.6m from Croatian club "Dinamo" to improve the squads midfield and to slowly replace the ageing Scott Parker. Along with the fact that he is Croatian, and will potentially convince Luka Modric to stay as they could form an unstoppable force in the midfield.

Willian - Shakhtar Donetsk - £11m

View attachment 259380
Willian in last seasons Shakhtar vs Barcelona champions league fixture.

I also managed to sign Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk for 3m up front and 8m over 4 years. Which in my opinion is a bargain as he is already amazing and at 23, he is almost hitting his peak which means he could get even better!

Jason Steele - Middlesbrough - £3.9m

View attachment 259381
Jason Steele for Middlesbrough last season.

The last lad that was added to the squad was Jason Steele as i put in a £6 million bid for the young English goalkeeper, Middlesbrough declined without negotiation and the lad wanted to move, so he put in a transfer request and i managed to sign him for 3.9m! He will be back up to Gomes, and will hopefully make the odd appearance through out the year with the intention of replacing him in the next year or so.

Transfers out -

Van der Vaart - £15.25m
Some bad news for the club, Van der Vaart was very unhappy that the club didn't qualify for the champions league last season, and was adamant that he said he would leave if they didn't make the cut.

View attachment 259388
The former Ajax, Real Madrid, Tottenham player now at PSG.

I recieved offers from Bayern Munich, Paris st' Germain & Valencia, with PSG for fees of £13m, but i wanted a little more as he would be a tough man to replace, so i negotiated and he ended up joining Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of £15.25m

Jake Livermore - QPR - £3m

View attachment 259390
Was really needed at the club, has the potential but not good enough for my targets. The funds were spent on Bedelj so its kind of like i replaced him with somebody better.

Kyle Naughton - Southampton - £2.5m

View attachment 259391

Had a good season on loan at Norwich but i didn't a see future for the lad at Tottenham so i decided to listen to offers and Southampton offered the most money upfront and won the battle of about 6 clubs who were chasing his signature.

I also let the following lads out on loan;

Jermain Jenas - Aston Villa
Thomas Carroll - Newly promoted Huddersfield
John Bostock - Barnsley
Giovani Dos Santos - Champions league participants Benfica
Harry Kane - Di Canio's Swindon

It has been a busy week for the club, stay tuned for the next update of my Tottenham adventure!

Last edited:
replaced him with a younger almost as good lad, will update soon!

You sold Van Der Vaart for 15m? you can get 25-30 easy

You sold Van Der Vaart for 15m? you can get 25-30 easy
Hes 28, and was transfer listed due to request, i got what i needed out of it and replaced him in swift fashion. Update will be between 10-11.30 tonight as im working all day :(

Chapter four - Transfer window is over and the season begins.

Here is my list of transfers ins and out.
Click for larger image.

View attachment 259497

Summary of window -

Alan Dzagoev

View attachment 259498

The young Russian impressed at the Euros this summer, missing out on the golden boot by 64 minutes game time (Torres won it as he played the least amount of minutes). Van Der Vaart was sold to PSG so i needed an attacking midfielder, to for 9.25million, we made a profit, along with signing a similar player of the same ability who is 7 years younger.

Edinson Cavani -

View attachment 259500

After having an amazing season in Serie A, along with playing well in last terms champions league, it was between this man and Leandro Damaio for my vacant striker position. As he had alot more experience then Leandro, at both club and international level, he was my first choice as both the transfer fees agreed with the players clubs were exactly the same.

The youth -
I also invested in a few young players, who will be playing in the Capital One cup & the F.A cup earlier stages who are purely here as potential investments, or if they turn out good enough, future Tottenham legends.
View attachment 259502
Marco Verratti from italian outfit Pescara. Only 18 and could start for any championship side, and bottom half of the table type teams.

View attachment 259504
Hervin Ongenda of PSG. The 16 year old looks very impressive, was close to joining Manchester City, but i made a last minute offer and snapped the young lad up. Has the potential to be one of the greats.

View attachment 259501

Lacina Traore is a player i have always admired and i finally have the pleasure to have him in my squad. The 6 ft 8 isn't like other tall strikers, he has the pace and finishing ability which other taller strikers don't have (Crouch & Zigic.) Will be playing backup to Defoe and Cavani, but could break into the first team if his performances deserves it.

View attachment 259510

Last but not least, a young lad that had Barcelona and Bayern Munich on his tail, joined us for £3.7m. He is dubbed the new T.Henry and will be working closely with the coaches and the other staff at the club, too make sure he sees out his potential.

Pre season is now over, after playing in 6 different countries and after a slow start, here is how the lads got on;
Click for larger image.

View attachment 259507

Cavani bagged himself 4 goals on his debut against Estudiantes, and most of the new players getting many minutes to prove them selves.

Thats all for this update, the next chapter will be on the start to the league.

Last edited:
huntelaar would of been a good choice for a forward, his stats are ridiculous and he scores goals for fun pal!

huntelaar would of been a good choice for a forward, his stats are ridiculous and he scores goals for fun pal!
indeed he would of, did consider him but i prefer cavani, plus he is 4 years younger!

Indeed, but most of the transfers were over a 48 months. Big investment should pay off or i deserve the sack :p