Seedorf

Reaction score
Hello football fans!

I started my career without managing a team, so i waited for a challenge in the top leagues (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain)

For my biggest surprise Roy Keane, the manager of Ipswich was sacked due to the team was only 22th in the Coca Cola Championship.

8th of October in 2009: I started my career in Ipswich Town...

It was really hard to find the success as a newbie manager, but I tried my best to make the team stronger, but the players were good enough, so I did not make huge changes.
I am currently 16th with the team in the Championship, but this is February of 2010.

This is the transfer history of season 2009/2010.

(above the line: Keane's signings before I arrived to the club)

View attachment 34122

To be continued...

Last edited:
sounds good mate will follow keenly

Go for it mate i will follow

Follow my gateshead chalenge if you like??

thanks for the quick replies

dazdazdaz : Keane spent more than £2,5 M (look at it above the line) I only had £800k, and I chose this option to buy:

View attachment 34158

I almost finished with the first season of my career, so...

To be continued :)

well done matey keep it going....but what rep did you have at the start

Louis H : I chose kind of the easiest way to start unemployed as an International Footballer

But my English language just appeared as spoken just after I finished the 1st season. :)

So I finished 12th in the Championship
(the media prediction was 8th, but I arrived to the team at the 22th position, so I am quite happy)

I played far the most draws with 23, but scored 73 goals, which I found so good.

View attachment 34295

with a position progress: ( the line shows when I started my job here)

View attachment 34293

My players played well during the season, I was satisfied with the goalie, Richard Wright, who had big matches, conceded 54 goals in 43 league games with 9 clean sheets. I chose Gareth McAuley as my team captain, and he organised the defence well with Alex Bruce.

View attachment 34292

The key players:
Owen Garvan, one of my favourite midfielders

View attachment 34289

Tamás Priskin, scored 22 season goals and Hungarian like me :)

View attachment 34290

Pim Balkenstein, the dutch hot prospect will develop a very good left back or central defender

View attachment 34288

Here is my tactics and my best eleven was chosen in 2009/2010.

View attachment 34291

Last edited:
What was your starting reputation?

I think by the screenshot he started with International Footballer.

Thanks Mike, as I cannot see the screenshots, don't know why.

International Footballer is probably too easy for a challenge. But good luck anyway

yeah, I wrote it
the easiest way to start unemployed
but harder than chosing a team by myself

For the new season I get very little transfer and wage budget, and after 3 lost matches I get bored of the players with low morale.. so I chose to give ultimatum to the club...
They sacked me certainly
19th of August in 2010: I am unemployed again.

I am interested in Bari who is currently is in the Serie B, and Derby County in the Championship, but lots of team is under their performance...

As I waited for Bari or Derby County, Gary Megson was sacked from Bolton Wanderers, and they wanted me:

View attachment 35821
View attachment 35818

25th of October in 2010: I continued my career at Bolton Wanderers

As Bolton relegated from the Premiership last season, they expected me win the Championship. Now Bolton is only 17th, but there is a lot to go...

Bolton squad is pretty strong to Championship, although they sold Fabrice Muamba to Aston Villa, and Ali Al-Habsi to Dinamo Kiev last year..
Gary Megson did some good loans for this season, but sold key players:

View attachment 35843

As you can see, the team has lost 2 good defenders: Gary Cahill and Gréitar Steinsson.
But I wonder what the czech striker prospect, Vaclav Kadlec will show during the season.