nani17united

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After the hectic winter window, we can finally settle back into our saves. Currently I am managing Aston Villa and wondering how my team looks, who I should sign, what positions need looking at, etc.

4-2-3-1

Bent
Young - Ireland - Downing
Annan - Makoun
Warnock - Mexes - Dunne - Walker

GOALKEEPERS

* Brad Friedel
* Brad Guzan
* Alex Smithies
* Elliott Parish

DEFENDERS

* Luke Young
* Stephen Warnock
* Richard Dunne
* Philippe Mexes
* Ciaran Clark
* Jordan Spence (On Loan at Leeds)
* Carlos Cuellar
* James Collins
* Curtis Davies
* Kyle Walker (Loan from Tottenham)
* Fabian Monzon

MIDFIELDERS

* Stewart Downing
* Ashley Young
* Robert Pires
* Marc Albrighton
* Michael Bradley (Loan from Monchengladbach)
* Fabian Delph
* Jean Makoun
* Stiliyan Petrov (Soon to be joining Cagliari)
* Nigel Reo-Coker
* Barry Bannan
* Oriel Romeu (On Loan at Leeds)
* Charlie Adam
* Anthony Annan
* Mauro Comoranesi
* Stephen Ireland
* Martin Zeman
* Thomas Horava

FORWARDS

* Gabriel Agbonlahor
* Nathan Delfouneso
* Emile Heskey
* Darren Bent
* John Carew

Do you think I need a new keeper? Shay given?

I have 7.5 million pounds to spend :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Adil Rami For mexes and that all i can think of you've got a massive sqaud

Sell Curtis Davies or Collins or even both. You've got many CBs already. Mexes and Dunne should be starters with Cuellar and Clark as backups.

Sell Curtis Davies or Collins or even both. You've got many CBs already. Mexes and Dunne should be starters with Cuellar and Clark as backups.

Cheers mate.

How about my midfield, I really need to cut back. Reo-Coker out?

I agree with this.

Also, you sold Petrov? :'( I keep him until he retires and sign him as assistant manager if I can :D

I always sell Davies and Collins first or second season, I never need them. Dunne is amazing, Clark is amazing AND young, Cuellar is great, and I always sign at least one other amazing defender. Davies and Collins I never need.

Friedel will, after first season, slowly deteriorate. Guzan should definitely be groomed to take his place before then, and maybe sign Dusan Kuciak as well for GK (Kuciak is cheap and was utterly amazing for us when I signed him, after a single year he became the most wanted goalkeeper in the whole Premier League and he was also rated the top GK for the year.

Pires should probably be put into the reserves quite soon, the majority of the other players are far better than him AND he's very old for football, however the rest of the season could be alright.

Personally I would sell Downing and maybe replace him with another winger, because when I played as Villa for a few season Downing played horribly, occasionally having a great game though, only scored around 4 goals in two seasons, and always complained about one thing or another. But if he's doing well for you, then keep him, he CAN play great, he just didn't for me. :p

Why is Bent your lone striker? oO) Agbonlahor should be in the starting XI IMO, but if Bent is doin well for you then by all means. Great strike partnerships for this team would be:

Agbonlahor (poacher) - Carew (target man)
Agbonlahor (poacher) - Bent (don't remember his position, but I remember in FM 2010 they did well together)
Delfouneso (poacher) - Agbonlahor (poacher) or Carew (target man), Delfouneso can do some pretty great stuff with Agbonlahor, but Carew as a target man can set him up just as well.

Or, lone striker can work well if that's how your team is used to playing. Bent can definitely score up there by himself, and I've known Agbonlahor to be quite proficient alone up there too. Carew, with support from the wings, can also net quite a few goals with headers.

Delph, when trained and played properly, can be a great player. I found huge success (it's hard to overstate my satisfaction) with Delph (central midfeilder, attack) and Muariciyo Pereyra (box-to-box midfielder, support). Although, he's also quite great as a backup, a solid player to fall back upon in the second half.

Who are your chosen subs?

Emile Heskey, at the end of the season, should be sold. Unless you've found a masterful way to make him score that is. He wasn't much use in my game, through a season and a half of sub and injury replacement appearances, adding up to around 30 games, he scored once and contributed two assists. While you can still make money on him, ship him off.

7.5 million to spend?

GK: Dusan Kuciak - ~2.5 million (probably less actually)
GK: any young goalkeeper you can find who has substantial potential (try keep it less than 1 million)
The rest you can use on youth prospects, or on any transfers the other members here suggest! ;)