Gannicus

Reaction score
Hey guys,
how are you all doing?

I'm looking for a tactic that can make my favourite player Bendtner score more goals?

I'm managing Real Madrid and I am a few games into my 2nd. season, but Bendtner is struggling to score. During my 1st. season Ronaldo and Bale scored most of the goals, so I sold Ronaldo and re-positioned Bale as a LB and bought in classical team-playing wingers like Steward Downing and Antonio Valencia.

I know you're all wondering if I'm out of my mind, but I did this because I believe that the team always comes before the individual, but guys like Ronaldo and Bale obviously didn't agree (the fact that the both of them shared a goal tally of 95 goals in comparison to Lord Bendter's 7 goals sums it up).

But right now, as confusing as it is with this deadly trio in my possession (Downing - Bendtner - Valencia) my captain Bendtner is still struggling to score. Perhaps he is being way too unselfish? Or maybe it's just my tactic?

I would appreciate any help/guidance you can provide.

Please respond.

this deadly trio in my possession (Downing - Bendtner - Valencia) hah, yo man, you make my day : ))

look here i dont use it but looks good. -->
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-tactics/299443-striker-problem-use-tac-4-2-3-1-striker-scored-85-goals-1-season.html

Umm, you sold Ronaldo. And your team is struggling to score. What about that, don't you understand? LOL.

Why the **** would you put Gareth Bale at left back?

Hate to break it to you, but your utilization of players and the roles/positions you gave them is poor.

To make the most of Bendtner, you're going to need to switch your tactic to make Bendtner into a target man, and pair him with a second striker who can work with him to bang in goals. Luckily, you still have Benzema up front to make this work.

I don't think the issue would be your tactics.. I think the problem you have is you are relying on Bendtner to score goals.

If you can find a tactic that gets Bendtner scoring then you my friend are a true FM god.. there is a higher probability of my other half getting that dream wedding she keeps nagging me for then him winning a golden boot!

Umm, you sold Ronaldo. And your team is struggling to score. What about that, don't you understand? LOL.
Football is a team game, and CR7 only cares about individual awards, selling him has proven to help the team overall (everyone plays better and the team score more goals overall), but the problem was just Bendtner. Perhaps its his lack of motivation? IRL it is quite obvious that he only wants to help weaker sides (for ex. Wolfsburg qualified for the CL, coincidence? I think not).

Why the **** would you put Gareth Bale at left back?
Because on either side of the wings, Bale goes for glory instead of providing for Bendtner. He's got plenty of pace in him, and his mental stats are good enough for a left back, so I thought why the **** not let him play in LB then? I believe selling Ronaldo and then Bale would also upset the whole squad.

To make the most of Bendtner, you're going to need to switch your tactic to make Bendtner into a target man, and pair him with a second striker who can work with him to bang in goals. Luckily, you still have Benzema up front to make this work.
Well, actually Bendtner has started to score a lot now with the help of TFF9's latest tactic! But thanks for the heads up, my friend! And my backup striker Benzema was sold for Chamakh. Benzema's salary was way too high for a backup player.

Last edited:
Personally I would sell your rotational CB Sergio Ramos and bring in Philippe Senderos..

Football is a team game, and CR7 only cares about individual awards, selling him has proven to help the team overall (everyone plays better and the team score more goals overall), but the problem was just Bendtner. Perhaps its his lack of motivation? IRL it is quite obvious that he only wants to help weaker sides (for ex. Wolfsburg qualified for the CL, coincidence? I think not).

Deluded I think so. Benzema over paid? You can't expect to have the best players on £50,000 a week I mean this is just got to be a joker thread surely

Don't know why people are calling me out for being a joker. I mean, just google "Lord Bendtner" and you guys can see how deluded you all are. Bendtner is f*king good man.

He's not just a football player, he's also a first team trainer, a manager and a fitness model.

Trainer? Look at De Bruyne, the kid never got his chance for Chelsea but once Bendtner joins VfL Wolfsburg, KDB blossoms into a player that Man City are (according to rumours) chasing.

Manager? VfL Wolfsburg qualified for the Champions League man. And most of the games Bendtner was commanding with his inspirational presence from the bench.

Fitness model?
View attachment 264973

So back on topic, the "MONSTROUS PLUG & PLAY"-tactic actually allows him to bang in goals!

Personally I would sell your rotational CB Sergio Ramos and bring in Philippe Senderos..
My friend, have you been smoking grass? You don't sell Sergio Ramos lol. Not only is Ramos arguably one of the best defenders in the world, but he's also a natural leader. That's why I rotate Ramos with Bale on the left back. Bale is very injury prone, can't play him every game.

Well I am not going to lie, Gannicus, you have won me over! I was a fool to question your views and most importantly to question King Bendtner!

this thread is too good. I think you should play the Lord along with Lord Chamakh, I'm sure that goals will be flying in every match.