Name this type of striker for me please!

Het2

Reaction score
Ok,

So in my 433 wide formation I want my central main striker to be big, strong and physical. I want himt o hold the ball up, do little lay offs to supporting CMs and just use his strength to be a menace. While also getting in the box for headers/goals etc.

I imagine like Pelle does for Southampton in the EPL. I have tried TMs but that fails miserably. CFs has worked well,as I am winning the Championship however the main striker is not as involved as I hoped. I have briefly tried the CFa and DLFa. Just does anyone have a clear role this forward should be? I need a new star striker for this role and I have targeted TM or can play CF.

The wide play is 1 Winger support and 1 inside forward attack if that helps

Thanks in advance!

Ok,

So in my 433 wide formation I want my central main striker to be big, strong and physical. I want himt o hold the ball up, do little lay offs to supporting CMs and just use his strength to be a menace. While also getting in the box for headers/goals etc.

I imagine like Pelle does for Southampton in the EPL. I have tried TMs but that fails miserably. CFs has worked well,as I am winning the Championship however the main striker is not as involved as I hoped. I have briefly tried the CFa and DLFa. Just does anyone have a clear role this forward should be? I need a new star striker for this role and I have targeted TM or can play CF.

The wide play is 1 Winger support and 1 inside forward attack if that helps

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried TM (s) or DLF(S)

CF support all day every day

and give him instructions to hold the ball up

I use a similar formation for my man united save but i use the middle man as a false 9

Thanks for the replies guys,

I have tried TM and it just seems not to work. And I thought with DLFs he may not attack the box as much I as would like? But ill give it a try. And I will definitely try CF with hold the ball up. One thing wrong with the CF was that he roamed to much horizontally whereas I want him to have more vertical movement.
And when I don't have my big forward playing, I have a smaller F9 and he has actually done very well (27 goals)

:)

From my experience* thus far, the Target Man needs to play with a strike partner, either a second striker or AM. With 4-3-3 there's neither, and IFs don't stay very near to the TM either. They usually hang out wide, then cut inside. So maybe that's the issue with TMs in 4-3-3.

I would suggest you try a CF support role if you want him to be more active in build up play. The CF role actually demands a lot of ability from your Championship striker, but try it out and see how it goes.

If all else fails, you can always play another role (AF, F9) and instruct your striker to hold up the ball (CF already does this).

*My experience is with Villa and Benteke. And you know how bad we are.