Nameless to Famous - (Another) Road to Glory

clarky1683

Reaction score
Nameless to Famous!

Hello all! I'm Clarky (or call me George), and this is the start of my new story. I've done a few stories here and there, most recently the "Fabio Terzi" one, but unfortunately I lost all interest in that one. However, on the bright side I want to start and really try and complete this road to glory type story. Also, before you ask, this is very much based on, and inspired by SecondYellowCard's Youtube series "Outcast to Icons".

I'm going to start with no badges, no experience, and unemployed, with every league in Europe loaded (from the original database). It's going to be a grind sometimes, and sometimes things won't go well, but I'm really determined to finally do a full playthrough.. starting from the bottom. Rock bottom. Let's go!

------

View attachment 242584

He's named after me, and is actually only 2 years older than I am, so I think this is extremely realistic! As I said, no past experience or badges are accompanying us from the get-go, so let's see what job we can get!

Wheyy! Another Liverpool fan here! :)

Good luck, hope to see you up lifting the Champions League some day!

Wheyy! Another Liverpool fan here! :)

Good luck, hope to see you up lifting the Champions League some day!

I'm definitely a Red mate! :)

Thanks! It's going to take a while I think but it's summer now... and I can procrastinate and avoid all my coursework until the final week so... FM takes precedence! ;)

My first job...

View attachment 242578
Ukrainian Second Division side Nyva Ternopil will be my first challenge as a manager. The reason I've chosen this club to start my career is because they have the most solid financial status out of all the jobs I was offered, and because they are already only one promotion away from the top flight. Although there is only one promotion place in the league, I feel that we could potential do something here in a short period of time, as the club is a stable mid table side.

View attachment 242575
Obviously not the most coveted history, or the best facilities. However the club is actually reasonably new, so let's see if we can make some sort of impact here. It's a starting point.

Expectations

View attachment 242574
Our expectations are not particularly high too, which leaves room for over achievement; something that I've found easier to fulfil than actual expectation on this years game. For some reason, being the underdog seems to work for me on FM15.

-----

I'm going to be posting quite large updates as no-one is going to know the players. So I think it's a good idea to try and get to a higher level of football as soon as possible. However, having started this now, I'm exhausted. I'll play some tomorrow and bash a few posts out! Until then, peace! And thanks for reading and hopefully you're going to follow this!​

The first few games in charge

As predicted, it was difficult to get to know the players. Not only am I unable to speak the language, but the names of some of the players are so hard to remember and recognize. However, we got off to a pretty good start!

View attachment 242350
We were appointed as manager after the first two league games, so we have actually been unbeaten as a manager. I'm really pleased with how the team is performing, and although it's taking some time, I'm slowly beginning to get an idea as to which players will be important for us. You can probably see from who has scored for us who is on the list of big players for the season.

View attachment 242348
This is the formation I've used so far and it has really worked a treat. I'd recommend it to anyone in charge of any team, specifically because it just seems to get the job done! I've let my assistant manager pick the starting line up for every game so far, but eventually I'll be able to do it myself once I've got to grips with the players.

View attachment 242345
We're sat well above expectations in fourth position as it stands. It would be a miracle if we were to win promotion but with how things are going, it could well be possible. This season is more about getting us on the management map more than anything else.​