simunovic1986

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with you.....I have searched the threads and cannot see any similar so hope I am allowed to post this lol

I have NANI playing as an Inside Forward support to my loan striker Rooney and I seem to of discovered the perfect formation and role to bring the best out of Nani.

28 Goals 8 Assists Played 55 :)

Some of his goals have been immense, try it out if you have him in your team he is defo my new Ronaldo!

1. You didn't even tell us your formation, or upload a tactic.
2. You could put it in the What Roles/Duties suit my players thread (although admittedly it would get missed out after a while..)
3. You could upload a tactic, and include that there.

Being a little harsh though in al fairness, well done on your achievement, just edit the OP to give more info.

Thanks Joss....appreciate the advise.

I made the tactic up myself...using info from various other tactics and player positions, please see screenshots below for more details. Its a great attacking tactic but it does have its defensive flaws as I only won the Champions League, 4th in EPL, Lost in FA Cup final to Chelsea 3-2 after leading 2-0. So any defensive advise you be welcomed.

View attachment 108527[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

4th in the league is a tad weak but well done on the CL win.......4-2-3-1 normally is good for wingers.

add your own backgound pics off google

U should try my formation, its suited for big clubs. If u hav solid defenders it will work well, tight at the back, lethal at the front!
U can download it here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2300
Screenies to see if ur interested to try out! (Its for v 10.3)

2lvkcp0.png

33xj6af.png

can you give me the detail mate how you make nani become the goal maschine, i really want to know :D

The problem with Nani for me has always been his decisions, he shoots when he needs to pass and vice versa, other than that he's a good player.

About your formation, I can only see 3 problems that if addressed will improve your defense drastically, with little effect to your attacking force which is quite over-kill.

1. You have 5 midfielders, none of who are strong on defensive attributes, they're all very good for attack purposes, but will not support your defense, you need Carrick to act as a ballast for that midfield, he needs to have a defend duty, 4 midfielders on attack and 1 on support will definitely flood the opposition defense, but will leave you quite exposed at the back.
2. Same problem for Rafael, he needs to go to full back - automatic.
3. Evra should be the same as above (FB - Auto).

Right now, you only have 2 players defending, so you're quite vulnerable to counter-attacks, with maybe Evra chipping in every now and then.

I played him in a 4-2-3-1 in my United season a while back an his best return was 35 goals total and 22 assists. Can be a bit hit and miss though.

can you give me the detail mate how you make nani become the goal maschine, i really want to know :D

if you play my formation then im sure you will have similar results......he is literally playing as a second striker. As he is right footed and I play him on the left he cuts in a lot and smashes them in from outside the box, ive seemed to made him into a ronaldo type player as he also blasts about 10 free kicks in a season for me. Just finished my second seson...here are my season stats for NANI....

as you can see played less games but scored and assisted more :)

The problem with Nani for me has always been his decisions, he shoots when he needs to pass and vice versa, other than that he's a good player.

About your formation, I can only see 3 problems that if addressed will improve your defense drastically, with little effect to your attacking force which is quite over-kill.

1. You have 5 midfielders, none of who are strong on defensive attributes, they're all very good for attack purposes, but will not support your defense, you need Carrick to act as a ballast for that midfield, he needs to have a defend duty, 4 midfielders on attack and 1 on support will definitely flood the opposition defense, but will leave you quite exposed at the back.
2. Same problem for Rafael, he needs to go to full back - automatic.
3. Evra should be the same as above (FB - Auto).

Right now, you only have 2 players defending, so you're quite vulnerable to counter-attacks, with maybe Evra chipping in every now and then.

For me NANI is king....I have trained him and put him in a position where he performs better than Ronaldo!

I appreciate the 3 points you have made but I found my solution to this....it was my GK Van Der Sar....I replaced him 7 games into my second season with youngster De Gea from At Madrid and that solved it he has been immense for for.

Rafael plays a 7.5 on average in my positon and quite often get MOM, same with Evra so I have no issue there. In game play when I have not go the ball only Rooney and Nani are not defending so I have plenty of cover. When I get hit on the Counter yes on occasions i am short but this is rare as I generally have 65% of ball possesion and on rare occasions get hit on the counter.

In my second season I won the leage and only concede 30 goals, which I belive is good...see screenie below! Fr the first time I believe I have the perfect formation...just need to add one or two new players to complement it as Scholes and Giggs have retired!