nat lofthouse dies

Eddie Money

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/9363142.stm

sad news :( RIP.

Bolton Wanderers and England legend Nat Lofthouse has died at the age of 85.The striker, who scored 255 goals in over 450 games for the Trotters between 1946 and 1960, died peacefully in his sleep at nursing home in Bolton.
"He was a one-club man and our football club meant as much to him as he did to us," said chairman Phil Gartside.
Lofthouse OBE, who worked for Bolton in a number of roles after he hung up his boots, also scored 30 goals in 33 matches for England.
Those roles included chief coach, chief scout, caretaker and club president, with Lofthouse holding that last position until his death.
"I would like to extend our deepest condolences to Nat's family, who are very much in our thoughts at this time," added Gartside in a statement on the Bolton website.
"We will miss him but we will celebrate his life, his legacy and great times that he brought to Bolton."
Lofthouse captained Bolton in two FA Cup finals, the first time in 1953 when he came up against Sir Stanley Matthews, when the Trotters were memorably beaten 4-3 by Lancashire rivals Blackpool at Wembley.
Five years later, Lofthouse won a winner's medal after scoring both goals in the 2-0 win over Manchester United, only three months after the Old Trafford club had been involved in the Munich air disaster.

Oh my word, Lofthouse? True legend, so sad to see him gone. RIP, but the manner of his death is surely a comfort to his family and friends.

i was just about to post this

R.I.P Nat, you will always be a legend

Oh my god. Another great leaving us :(. RIP Nat Lofthouse. Always be a legend

RIP was a true legend of the game, bet some of the idiots at Bury will still sing the song about him...

they don't make em' like that anymore...... true great RIP

My best wishes go to his friends and family. Rip

Holy ****! my father talkeed to me about this guy and never knew who he really was :( ... But he has a nice personal goal count. At least he died peacefully... Rest in Peace. You legend!

2 me he woz a legend n should b in anyone's all time first 11.
R.I.P.

Wow. Legend of the game, RIP.