Nathaniel Chalobah - second season beast at cm

Riess

Reaction score
Played him off the bench and against weaker opposition in my first season at Chelsea. Off the bench I would play him at cb cdm cm.

Now he is starring at CM. Has 7 goals halfway through November from 15 appearances and is being touted as the European Golden Boy.

I played Van Ginkel at cm in season 1. Pushed him up to cam rotating with Mata and dropped Oscar back. Oscar was injured but is back. Even so his performances don't come close to Chalobah's. He's an aerial threat in the box as well.

Playing him as a cm with attacking mentality. Romeu or Mikel sit behind as an anchor role and they defend.

Sorry for the long post. Pretty stoked with this.

Can we get a picture of his stats?

He has incredible potential but I've never seen him be any good in this game.

Yeah I'll upload it tomorrow. I was shocked. Every Chelsea save I can never get any original youth player any good.

Would love to see him developed enough to serve him justice of his massive potential & how has Bertand Traore & Jeremie Boga been for you? with there flexible P/A in some saves they become UNREAL...

Boga is coming along okay. He's 1 star, with 4 potential.

Traore isn't going to get a crack. Marin, moses, willian, hazard, mata, oscar, van ginkel and Vitinho are all playing amazingly across my 3 behind the striker.

you should get rid of mata, for realism's sake. And Marko Marin and Victor Moses :).

he really does come along well chalobah i bort him for man utd in 2016 season still there 2 years later he just grows so much and gets so strong in all attributes real leader for ur team can play in midfield as a ball winner dlp b2b can play in dm positions and in defense brilliant player worth buying or growing if your chelsea

I didn't realise how much of a tackling machine he was. No cards and going at nearly 4 tackles a game

I'm a HUGE Nathaniel Chalobah fan (not just in game, but in real life as well), logged in just to comment on this.

I sell Mikel (even thought I love the guy!) & Ramires first season because I know Chalobah performs better consistently. After playing him constantly at top level he develops into an unreal beast and takes Lampard's mantle in midfield. He scores, assists and what not. Develops into a very strong player, despite his stats suggesting he's more defensive player, he does a fantastic job attacking.

I only have one problem, though, his determination and leadership stats are quite low and don't bump much even after intensive tutoring, I mean he has Captain Chelsea's U-18 and U-21 sides throughout and some think of him as potential successor to Terry in that regard.

My back room staff are saying take the vc off luiz n give it to Chalobah. I love the kid so I'm absolutely stoked by his performances.

I've never been able to get McEachran to go well though

My back room staff are saying take the vc off luiz n give it to Chalobah. I love the kid so I'm absolutely stoked by his performances.

I've never been able to get McEachran to go well though
Yeah, McEachran's hard to get through in this game (also IRL :( ). I love all these Chelsea lads. Baker, RLC I somehow stick with them even if they have like 3 star potential. Baker usually comes good regardless of potential, though.

I play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 and my CM duo are always MvG and Chalobah. CM-S and Box to Box.

I haven't stuck with many this time. Kalas and Delac are the only ones I have stuck with that aren't showing heaps of potential. I'm about to offload romeu, Christensen has had awful loan spells and RLC is showing nothing. I'm only in my second season but I'm trying to get as many good 15 year olds as possible as the top 20 odd look quite settled except for Mikels back up

I haven't stuck with many this time. Kalas and Delac are the only ones I have stuck with that aren't showing heaps of potential. I'm about to offload romeu, Christensen has had awful loan spells and RLC is showing nothing. I'm only in my second season but I'm trying to get as many good 15 year olds as possible as the top 20 odd look quite settled except for Mikels back up

I have both Kalas, and McEachran in my Celtic team and they are quickly helping me become a real threat in Europe.

I find McEachran hard to get good because his determination and some other mental stats are so low. I got Lampard to tutor Baker 3 times and now his stats are beastly and he's still young. Boga, Chalobah and Ruben Loftus Cheek are also good now after some loans and tutoring. I couldn't get Feruz or Traore good though despite their potential although Traore did score a last minute winner in the CL quarter final at 18 years old. Does anyone have screenshots of these two actually good?

Might have to work on Baker. I sold McEachran but have a cheap buy back clause. The loans weren't working. Sent him on loan to a prem side then a championship side and his average was 5.83 and 6.2. So I thought I would sell him and maybe he'll thrive and he's going well.

I still have Ramires as backup for my central midfielders (Chalobah, Ward-Prowse, Florenzi, Wanyama. Lampard is still in the locker room too!). I'm in Season 17/18 at the moment.

Chalobah, 22, has great stats all round including both Determination (16) and Leadership (14). Getting Lampard to tutor him early on helped and he'll likely become Vice-Captain when Varane steps up to take Terry's place (Terry and Lamps both reitiring).

Ward-Prowse has great determination and leadership too, slightly better than Chalobah in fact, but he's inferior to Chalobah in every other way and will likely end up being nothing more than a rotation player.