Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been elsewhere but i cant see it, what are the settings for players to be added to the National Pool, when newgens appear etc? can i get me scouts to add them by prescouting or is it pot luck as to which the comp chooses to add?

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been elsewhere but i cant see it, what are the settings for players to be added to the National Pool, when newgens appear etc? can i get me scouts to add them by prescouting or is it pot luck as to which the comp chooses to add?
I think once you start as an international manager you have to add players to the pool manually yourself ...

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought as much, there are players all over the place in Brazil that dont appear..

Reaction score
I thought as much, there are players all over the place in Brazil that dont appear..
Mate, I had a stint as Belgium coach as well. I never thought/needed to increase the pool and my performance was:

1. Qualified extremely comfortably for the WC.
2. WC Finalist - lost to Spain 2-1
3. Qualified extremely comfortably for the EU Championships.
4. EU Champos winner.

So you dont need a bigger pool.

Reaction score
this is a very frustrating part of national team management.

Its okay at start of game when folks know who should be in pool and who shouldn't. But as the game goes on, it gets incredibly tedious.

For instance, managing a u21 national side past a few years into the game (when its all regens) is a total ****-shoot. There needs to be much better tools for scouting and managing national team pool players.