Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
I've been playing on a database which makes the Gibraltarian leagues playable, I'm currently in 2018 and there must be around 30-40 uncapped, undeclared players who now have Gibraltarian nationality but still aren't eligible for their national team!
Why is this? Can anyone shed any light on the situation for me?

Example
View attachment 387564

Reaction score
Because they don't want to give up eligibility for their main country to play for a weaker national team. Even when they have no shot of making the team. You could try and sign them to Gibraltar leagues and they might change their mind about accepting the callup.

Reaction score
What silversurfie says is true. I was playing as Man Utd and India manager....part of a challenge. With my manager having Indian nationality, a couple of Indian regens came through in the first intake - one with 5* and the potential to be as good as Vidic. Only problem was he had an English 2nd nationality and refused any call-up to the Indian team.

Reaction score
I found that they might play for the inferior national side if they move to said nation's league. I could never get Shawn Parker to accept my USA callups in my main save but once he moved from Germany to a MLS team in a vacationed save he capped for USA.