Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
My question to you today, is do you have a preference of nationality for players in which you sign? If so what is that preference and why?

I would have to say that I always load the Mexican leagues, as there are a number of really really decent players for cheap that can play awesome in the European leagues.

Marco Antonio Palacios being one who many of you will have heard me speak about before as possibly my favourite player on the game!
View attachment 105888

Edgar Ivan Pacheco which many of you already know about but is a class act.
View attachment 105889

Juan Carlos Silva another find of mine who turns out great as a combative midfielder and chips in with some handful goals and assists.

View attachment 105890

Along with these are a number of talented youngsters - Taufic Guarch, Raul Nava, Ulises Davila.

So I am interested to know if any of you go about things in a similar way!

Not necessarily. I do try to find the odd quality player from a different country e.g. Chile, Russia, Ukraine etc. I tend to look for Spanish, French or South American regens more than other nationality as I always manage to find a potentially-great player from each of these countries every season.

France. I love the talent they spew out from the lower leagues.

Sometimes even Argentina.

Agree with this you got any examples to share?

French:

Alfred N'Diaye
Moussa Sissoko
Yohann Mollo
Yannis Tafer
Alphonse Areola

Argentinian:

Daniel Villalva
Bruno Zucculini (sp)
Diego Buonanotte

... looking for a few more from Argentina.

But you get the drift. I am trying a new save with Atletico Madrid to make a team with good youngsters, mainly from Spain.

Last edited:
French:

Alfred N'Diaye
Moussa Sissoko
Yohann Mollo
Yannis Tafer
Alphonse Areola

Argentinian:

Daniel Villalva
Bruno Zucculini (sp)

... looking for a few more from Argentina.

But you get the drift. I am trying a new save with Atletico Madrid to make a team with good youngsters, mainly from Spain.
Cool go with Sergi, I signed him for next to nothing on my Zaragoza save and loaned him out, having a great season, has the potential to be better than Ander.

Cool go with Sergi, I signed him for next to nothing on my Zaragoza save and loaned him out, having a great season, has the potential to be better than Ander.

I've heard of him and yeah, he looks great. Will try and sign him.

I usually sign Italians, usually they grow into wonderkids and world class players.

Examples:
Macheda
Crisetig
Santon
Rossi

The list goes on, the problem is that most of them tend to go to big clubs before my transfer budget is declared, so it's a hassle to get them later on in the game.

I usually sign Italians, usually they grow into wonderkids and world class players.

Examples:
Macheda
Crisetig
Santon
Rossi

The list goes on, the problem is that most of them tend to go to big clubs before my transfer budget is declared, so it's a hassle to get them later on in the game.
Yes very true, why I usually go to South America and Mexico.

Ukraine by far, then Peru, Uruguay, Mexico

(dont get me started on all the players :D)

I've been signing quite a few Ukrainian players recently, but I don't know why..

and British players, I always try and get young British players.

Spain is always a habit, so many top quality, young creative players.

I love South America...really its a place filled with so much talent and they have a number of youngsters who can go and play for clubs at all levels in the game...really its a pleasure when I do decide to scout out the clubs myself

i like my South Americans but always no matter who im managing i always look for English talent.

all of the above and Portugal with:
- Adrien SCP $
- Moutinho $$$
- Meireles $$
- Coentrao $
there ane truly some great propects in Belgium and Holland

Everyone knows these guys though, that's why I go for Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Peru etc, as you find endless amounts of talent, and it's much more satisfying than signing Lukaku Traore and Verratti every game.

Belgium
Martens, Dembele, Hazard, Defour, Lukalu
even cheaper options like de sutter

I like finding players from obscure footballing countries. For example in my Southampton game 6 seasons in, i've found a regen from Thailand. He's got 12 caps for his country and has only just turned 17, i got him for 500k and all the top clubs were after him. I had to get him on a pre-contract of 30k to fight off interest.

I had the somali league running and I found a -10 regen. No lies.

I never works anymore :(