bristolad

Reaction score
Hi guys im hoping theres a way to improve natural fitness, or is it just not over training them.?

you could work on your strength attribute but i don't honestly know if this affects there natural fitness

You can't....that's why it's called "Natural" Fitness :)
It's like in real life how some players always struggle for match fitness after being out a while and other don't, it's just who you are you.

I've always wondered too is it possible for it to go down? Like in FM12 Ledley King has a low natural fitness due to past injuries, so can it go down with serious injuries in game?

Potentially having them on low training could help reduce the risk of further injuries from training but these can obviously still occur in game so it's always a downside to these players regardless

Natural fitness can go up and down, but like the aggression attribute it can't be individually trained. It goes up and down naturally, although if you set the teams training focus to 'fitness' then that trains the natural fitness attribute :)

I also want to train this, i have this 18 years old DM, all of his stats are great, but his natural fitness is 9, i cant play him twice in a week, he cant regain fitness in days, he needs a week.

This is something I don't understand. Why is it called "Natural Fitness"? There is no such thing in real life which is unable to be affected by training etc..

My "natural" fitness would be shocking, but I go to the gym and train and therefore I can play football more often and recover quickly. Sure, for some people there maybe an innate ability to train quicker or slower, but this is compensated for in the determination and injury proneness stats surely?

I can see the logic in having a fitness stat. But having it classed as a stat that cannot be changed is odd to me.

This is something I don't understand. Why is it called "Natural Fitness"? There is no such thing in real life which is unable to be affected by training etc..

My "natural" fitness would be shocking, but I go to the gym and train and therefore I can play football more often and recover quickly. Sure, for some people there maybe an innate ability to train quicker or slower, but this is compensated for in the determination and injury proneness stats surely?

I can see the logic in having a fitness stat .But having it classed as a stat that cannot be changed is odd to me.
I find it to be logical as it CAN change in the game. Every person has à natural fitness that determines how well you recover from an injurie, cold, fitness exercise etc. Depending on how well you keep your body in shape, it can get ruined or strengthened and will change over time. This stat is one though that won't change radicle for the better as its only so much one can do about it, even in real life.

If looking at my self, I would probably have about 18-20 in that stat whilst my Stamina and Strengths would be somewhere about 5-8. I recover really fast from sickness and injuries and rarely even get ill.

Last edited:
Is there a way we can change it then, or is it just something that fluctuates due to circumstances outside of our control?

I just said...
Natural fitness can go up and down, but like the aggression attribute it can't be individually trained. It goes up and down naturally, although if you set the teams training focus to 'fitness' then that trains the natural fitness attribute :)