NBA Thread

WHU MAN

Reaction score
NBA Thread

View attachment 272838

A new thread all about NBA in general, post your thoughts, your anger at Heat winning the Finals or your overjoy at them winning the Finals!
Whatever it is post it here!

Love the city of Miami, hate Lebron and the Heat though ;)

Hope Steve Nash can win a title in LA, they do have the best point guard/center combo in the league now!

Yeah dislike Heat but LA deserve the title, but saying that i would love an unexpected team to get to the finals, bit like OKC last year :D

I'm a Clippers fan that got real big into the NBA last year and was a fantasy basketball winner of the fmbase irc peeps.
Excited by the Clipps offseason moves and now there is real depth in the team. If they can stay relatively injury free they will be the dark horse for the title but I dont see them winning their conference to be perfectly honest. Excited to see how the Hornets and Cavs do too. Big fan of the Brow, Irving and both teams in general.

right trying to revive this thread now that regular season is about to start...

here are a few little predictions just to show you I know better than San Marino challenge ;)

MVP: Chris Paul
Rookie Of The Year: Damian Lillard
Eastern Conf. champions: Miami Heat
Western Conf. champions: San Antonio Spurs
NBA Champions: San Antonio Spurs!

please note that as I simulated first season in NBA 2k13 association mode the Brooklyn Nets went on to win the title (my Toronto team didn't make playoffs ofc)...

Big trade today
Harden, Cole Aldrich and 2 other small role players for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and 2 first rounders from Toronto and Dallas.

Downgrades OKC for next season imo but possible improvement for the future if the draft picks work out to be good.

Lakers for the west
Heat for the East.
Heat to win in 6/7

Big trade today
Harden, Cole Aldrich and 2 other small role players for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and 2 first rounders from Toronto and Dallas.

Downgrades OKC for next season imo but possible improvement for the future if the draft picks work out to be good.

Lakers for the west
Heat for the East.
Heat to win in 6/7

Interesting one that.
Anyway Lakers to win the West
Heat win East
Lakers to win the NBA

Hope the Bulls stay healthy during playoffs, if that happens they can maybe even make it to the finals.
Heat for me are better then the Lakers atm, since idk how Howards health will play out , maybe he will miss more games then Bynum did. And heat got Ray , the only thing they missed a player who can hit 3s consistently.

I was stunned when I saw on SSN that OKC had traded Harden. Lamb is talented and Martin is a reliable shooter, but I don't think they've made the right decision with that trade.

I'm a Bulls fan so it kills me to say this, but I can't see us winning the conference without Rose. However, I don't think the Heat will win it either...I'm going to stick my neck out and say Melo will lead the Knicks to the finals.

MVP : Durant
Rookie of the Year : Davis
East : NY Knicks > Heat
West : Lakers > OKC
NBA Champs : Lakers
Final's MVP : Kobe

Big trade today

Lakers for the west
Heat for the East.
Heat to win in 6/7

wow that could make a world of a difference esp in the ultra-competitive western conference. Bad move by OKC imho, should have extended Harden to a max contract and amnesty the useless Kendrick Perkins to stay under luxury tax. J.Lamb looks like a great prospect, but those draft picks will probably be in the low lottery/mid-round range and K.Martin is basically an expiring contract (doubt Thunder will try to re-sign him).

Things will probably be easier for Lakers and Spurs in the West now.

Really would have kept Harden if I was OKC. Harden is a better facilitator on offence than Westbrook imo, and the Rockets now have one of the best backcourts in the West.

Oh yeah, Sixers for the championship ;)

Ahh this thread is back! yay :p - My opinion is that the Bobcats are gonna win the NBA finals... Haha no but seriously I think that it wont be Lakers - Heat final. Im 8-0 on NBA 2K13 association mode with OKC! (so suprised!) Harden has been hitting 20 pts every other game, I think there gonna miss him a lot!

Lakers have started 0-3 and are on an 11 game losing streak including their 0-8 preseason

Clippers are 2-0 after beating the Lakers last night.

Harden averaging 41 ppg in his first 2 games for Rockets who have a very good team now.

Crazy start. Harden could make the All-Star team if he can consistently play like this.

Don't know what's going on with the Lakers.

Heat lost to the Knicks, just like they will in the Play-Offs.

Oh, and Bobcats finally ended their losing streak

Harden was already an allstar, Might make the All NBA team at this rate though, still early doors.
Another shocking thing was how long it took the knicks to run an ISO Melo last night. Halfway through second quarter.

such a weird season so far. Bobcats beating Pacers, Orlando beating Nuggets, Celtics getting raped by Bucks to name a few

Harden has started amazingly, ofc he can't keep scoring 40 per game but he's set to become one of the league megastars. Looks to me like a younger, healthier, stronger, more athletic Manu Ginobili.

Lakers have been shocking so far, you don't want to blame the coach for everything but what's the point insisting on the Princeton offense when you have Nash and Howard? I swear it makes me laugh when I see Howard making the entry pass at 3P line just to break the play and see Metta World Peace iso at the end of 24 seconds XD

Like I said, Bobcats will be champions ;) - Im an OKC fan so Im extremely happy with the win last night but still cant get over why we let Harden go, he was great and should have been a starter not frickin 6th man - I lol at Lakers now every time they are mentioned also & after the OKC match I watched the end of New York beating the Heat haha!

Wow wat a night of NBA, Heat scraped it & Brooklyn won their opening night, Rockets won again - alot to take in!

can't believe how bad the lakers are playing with that kind of talent on their team...