NBA Thread

Playing badly but now have 2-4, it can only get better for them me thinks now

apparently LA front office couldn't believe that too and fired coach Mike Brown yesterday! Princeton offence=fail

hope they hire Mike D'Antoni now, but maybe it's going to be Phil Jackson. Again...

apparently LA front office couldn't believe that too and fired coach Mike Brown yesterday! Princeton offence=fail

hope they hire Mike D'Antoni now, but maybe it's going to be Phil Jackson. Again...
Lol they just need to gel, once they do they could win the conference in my opinion. I dont know what it is but they need to sort it out (getting rid of the Princeton offence really helps that tbh

Mike D'Antoni is new coach of LA Lakers!

Nash and Howard pick and roll yeah baby! But Lakers need shooters now, possibly a stretch four. Pau Gasol trade coming?

That part of your comment shows your lack o knowledge in basketball, hiring Phil Jackson would not have been a burden on the Lakers and if they had hired him the Lakers wouldn't be in the 7th seed, about to get whipped by the Spurs.

OKC going to be West Champs
Indiana/Heat to be East Champs
MVP LeBron OBV

That part of your comment shows your lack o knowledge in basketball, hiring Phil Jackson would not have been a burden on the Lakers and if they had hired him the Lakers wouldn't be in the 7th seed, about to get whipped by the Spurs.

OKC going to be West Champs
Indiana/Heat to be East Champs
MVP LeBron OBV

a bit easy to say it now?

Surely Phil Jackson would have destroyed such a weak western conference with this perfectly balanced roster. Would love to see the Triangle with Howard AND Gasol together, not to mention Steve Nash used a la John Paxson/Derek Fisher. And of course the zen powers would avoid chronic injuries to Howard, Gasol (arthritis, missed 33 games), Nash (broken leg, missed 32 games) MWP and Kobe (will miss next 6-9 months including playoffs of course)

a bit easy to say it now?

Surely Phil Jackson would have destroyed such a weak western conference with this perfectly balanced roster. Would love to see the Triangle with Howard AND Gasol together, not to mention Steve Nash used a la John Paxson/Derek Fisher. And of course the zen powers would avoid chronic injuries to Howard, Gasol (arthritis, missed 33 games), Nash (broken leg, missed 32 games) MWP and Kobe (will miss next 6-9 months including playoffs of course)

The western conference is anything but Weak, with the exception of Miami, and MAYBE the Knicks the Eastern conference is far weaker. You're the one who said "but maybe it's going to be Phil Jackson. Again..." as if this would some kinda of burden, Phil would have had a much better team All around than he did any of his previous 5 championships with the Lakers. Admittedly Nash is a bit too old now, but a Kobe, Dwight, and Pau triangle with shooter such as Jodie Meeks, Steve Blake, Nash (provided his knees would stay good) Metta (not the best shooter but can still hit the three) would have been an absolutely amazing success in my opinion.

So, LAC/BOS deal involving Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers from the Celtics, and DeAndre Jordan and/or Eric Bledsoe seems to have hit a spanner in the works.

Tbh I hope it falls apart. Altogether it seems like a poor deal. LAC should look at Shaw and Hollins instead of Rivers. BOS' triumvirate of Garnett, Pierce and Rivers himself is difficult to break apart.

So glad the finals has gone to Game 7, going to be quite the climax.

PS: Ray Allen is clutch.

Do you think Heat is going to win again? Maybe Brooklyn? How about those Lakers without Kobe?

For me, Miami-Brooklyn is the final at the East and Thunder-Rockets at the West, and Lakers won?t go to PO.

What is up with the Lakers!? I'm quite new to basketball, so maybe I'm missing something, but surely Kobe's injury can't affect them this ​much?

What is up with the Lakers!? I'm quite new to basketball, so maybe I'm missing something, but surely Kobe's injury can't affect them this ​much?
Old players on big contracts. Kobe is probably most influential player since MJ and losing him certainly affected squad. Also having head coach who's a some kind of a moron is not helpful. Lakers have huge salary cap, they cannot sign anyone good till someone leaves or someone (Kobe) takes cut. Next season Melo will probably come and some players will leave. Young seems to be capable of producing some good games on consistent level and if Kobe starts playing as #1 with new center, they would be strong again. If coach doesn't screw something, again. We miss you Phil :(

Old players on big contracts. Kobe is probably most influential player since MJ and losing him certainly affected squad. Also having head coach who's a some kind of a moron is not helpful. Lakers have huge salary cap, they cannot sign anyone good till someone leaves or someone (Kobe) takes cut. Next season Melo will probably come and some players will leave. Young seems to be capable of producing some good games on consistent level and if Kobe starts playing as #1 with new center, they would be strong again. If coach doesn't screw something, again. We miss you Phil :(

There is still enough cap space to sign a top free agent in the offseason, contrary to belief.

There is still enough cap space to sign a top free agent in the offseason, contrary to belief.
Sure, but one player wont make difference. Lakers need quality center, Kaman isn't one.

He's more of a power forward than typical center. He was good there due his explosives and intelligence, but he's 34 now. He doesn't have physical strength to play there effectively. Imagine Gasol vs someone like Pekovic.