danny_shutts

Reaction score
I'm tending to agree with the general oppinion about the tactics being alot harder. In my game i'm spurs and have adopted a pretty basic 4-4-2 with only my wingers having running forward arrows. I have individually set all my players to how I want them to play i.e Modric attacking, jenes more holding etc but whenever I look at my Assistants oppinion during a game no matter what formation I'm playing against it always says that the gap between Def and Mid is too much so opposition getting in there and same between Mid and Att so my strikers are isolated. Jus wondered if anyone else had noticed this and had any ideas as to how to combat it. Cheers

I have also experienced the same thing as Spurs Boss, I have now tended to ignore my Assistant as it doesn't matter what he thinks as long as you r getting the results and the chairman in happy

i just played a diamond midfield with spurs and i havent altered anything for an individual player, i played a diamond midfield with a very attacking style vs barcelona and only narrowly lost 1-0 in the last minute

yeah i have this problem i play 4-4-2 diamond i found that putting my wingers in the attacking winger position - i got rid of the gap between attack and midfield and by putting wingers in the fullback position i eliminated the gap between defence and midfield but up to now ive been unable to not have a gap somewhere lol i suspect if i played 4-5-1 with 2 def mids and attcking midfielder and 2 attacking wingers this would solve the gap problem but then in the premierleague i think you need 2 strikers up front - especially if you are newcastle and you dont have a really strong quick forward who is good in the air - so untill i get one i will not be trying that formation but if you were chelsea, spurs or arsenal it probs would work with drogba, adebayor, pavlyuchenko

Well I had the same problem. I solved the problem with changing the mentality of the players. F.I if the MID players have normal mentality (10 on the slider), the DEF must have not less then 5-6, and the Forwards 10-11.
Try it out. When I did that my assistant had no complaints :)

try my way of playing mate, promotion in first season, i got 92 points with an average team. let me know how you get on!

Tottenham

I'm also Tottenham, and you reall need to overhaul the squad to do well. Jenas simply isn't good enough in my opinion, signed Angelo Palombo, Joao Moutinho and Diarra and kept Modric, playing 4-3-1-2. He was right about the sliders, they cannot be too different throughout your team, also advise a deep-lying playmaker.

The main issue I find is that this game is alot more realistic in terms of giving your team time to gel. I was struggling at first, 12th after 12-13 games, but stuck with them, signed no-one really in January, and was unbeaten between Jan-May! Payluychenko was scoring for fun, defence were rock solid (got rid of king, bought Radoi from Steau with Woodgate, Bale, Corluka.

Reading the forums, alot of people seem to find this version more difficult, and I do agree. For the first time I've actually sorted out my Set Pieces, tinkering with it and spending ages on it, same with my training, with individual settings for each player, and I also manage my Reserve matches because CLive Allen ignores my first teamers that I want to play for fitness.

If you can, read the Tactical Theorems and Frameowkr document available in a few places, its long, 50 pages or so, but gets you thinking about your tactics, which Ithink are alot more important in this version.

That was quite a ramble!

Try setting one of your CM's to a more defensive mentality, with NO forward runs (bottom end of the slider). This effectively sets up a diamond, but is a bit more flexible with no gaps on the wings or through the middle...