Tubpac

Reaction score
Hi to play in the priemer league your squads needs to have 8 people trained in a club in england.

How do you get around this in the later years? - Example im in 2017. And im only having 6 on my team atm, and i see this as a big problem because i cant have all my players regristered then.

How do you get your head around this?

It annoys me too. British players are all overpriced and not as good as cheaper foreign players. At the moment I'm having to put Stephen Ireland in my subs bench a head of a much more talented youngster I want to give first team experience too solely because I need someone to make the English trained players numbers up. Stupid ruling. I hate it.

You've just got to train them up from when they're young and cheap. It isn't stupid since otherwise the national side would collapse. I actually challenge myself to make my teams as domestic as possible in the top divisions (in the lower leagues I just sign whoever is best).

That's why i think its better to play with lower league sides as you have a core of british players... just started a game with burnley... where I am challenging myself to only 2 fgn signings per season... and the rest I rely on british/homegrown talent to pull me through... I am currently just in preseason... I have signed Max Clayton, Luke Ayling, Dave Kitson and Ashley Harris... all for less than £1m, and I have a good intake of youth players to see me through.... also from previous experience the more you player your academy players the better the regens become... look at the likes of Leeds and West Ham they absolutely dominate this field in every save... constantly producing the best talents because they keep alot of them for there first team and work their players thru the ranks... it helps massively

Yeah im still having Lampard in my squad . Because of it, and he is 38 years :p

Anyways cheers for the input !

You've gotta buy young english ones at the start, after a year or too they want ridiculous money for players. E.G Shelvey 40 mil, Sterling 30 mil

Hi to play in the priemer league your squads needs to have 8 people trained in a club in england.

How do you get around this in the later years? - Example im in 2017. And im only having 6 on my team atm, and i see this as a big problem because i cant have all my players regristered then.

How do you get your head around this?

You are saying that you don't have 8 players (don't need to be British, btw) trained in England?

Or England is full of **** players or you don't have money to buy them, or maybe you can't find a 18 year old player that plays 3 years in an England club until he has 21 to be trained in england?

There is away round it if you have plenty of top class under-21 players. You don't have to include them in the squad so theoretically you can name a smaller squad, by doing this the spaces you leave go towards your quota of British players. On my FM12 save I was so far in and had picked up so much young talent I was only naming 17 players in the squad as the younger ones didn't need to be named.

It's not hard to have 8 british players. Just sign the best kids at the youth intake day (13th of March) and train them. Also you can sign other wonderkids at a low age, they just have to have trained in england for a certain period of time.

You don't actually need eight.
Leave a couple of subs unpicked. Each empty space counts towards the homegrown requirements.