Need a defensive formation for FC Barcelona

jhl1989

Reaction score
Hi! In FM 2012 my assistant coach Tito Vilanova, before matches tells me that he's worried that I dont have a backup formation. Could someone tell me what formation and tactics Guardiola uses when securing winning games? Thank you!

Hi! In FM 2012 my assistant coach Tito Vilanova, before matches tells me that he's worried that I dont have a backup formation. Could someone tell me what formation and tactics Guardiola uses when securing winning games? Thank you!

I'm currently in the process of creating one, I can send you it if you need, although it's not finished.

why don't you use a 4-2-3-1 deep? Two DMs, one as deep lying playmaker, one as anchor man? and the three attacking midfielders as AMC, AML, AMR, wingers and advanced playmakers maybe...and a poacher ST. or you could use a deeper midfield diamond with an anchor man, two central midfielders and an attacking midfielder.

Hazza, I'm interested in your defensive tactic. Can you pm the tactic?

I use a 3-4-2-1 with contain, rigid, deep line and narrow. 3 limited defenders, wb are on defend one dm is anchor man one is deep lying playmaker- and 2 cm are ball winners. the striker is a trequartista who is isolated and needs to be able to beat many defenders i.e messi.