Reaction score
I am a bit bored of fm these days and I need a file that will give me a challenge, usually I start with a team in one of the big leagues, move around a bit, then get bored about 2017 ish, if anyone could recommend a team I could build up I would be grateful, I just need someone who wont say sack me in the first season, keep a bit of faith etc. and maybe some nice resources to boot, thanks.

Could start at the bottom and work your way up the leagues? I'd go with Ebbsfleet, they have a budget of around 75k which is big for a team in the Skrill South, they have a rich chairman as well. I got them to the Championship in FM13 winning consecutive promotions, best save I've ever had.

Oxford are a real challenge. Shakhtar are a fun young squad, maybe try to win the Champions League with them?

What team should I be thread?! Mods will close this thread if/when they see it.

Still my suggestions are:

Palmeiras - awesome squad but in Brazilian 2nd division (make them giants again).
RB Leipzig
Download Quatar league pick a team from that (can do the same with Cypriot/Egyptian leagues)
Look at teams in Nacional division France - pick the one with the best youth set up (facilities/prospects etc)

Starting unemployed with loads of leagues on is always a good challenge, and with no rep of course. Try and work your way up from local rep with no club, to some one huge like Barcelona

My current save is Sportkring Sint Niklaas from the Belgian third division, they are favourites for promotion first season due to being relegated the previous season so are a fairly easy start in that respect but there's a lot of room to grow the club before you are challenging Anderlecht for the Belgian titles, then more room to grow before you are challenging Europe's Elite.

I'm currently in 2022 and the save is still enjoyable for me, partly due to having to fight Anderlecht who have a significantly bigger budget and having to rely on trying to bring through my own youth/ sign players who will develop into first team regulars rather than being able to go out and buy guys to fit straight into my team.

Could try taking Portsmouth back to the premiership although never tried them yet on fm14 so not sure how hard it is

Coventry. 10 point deduction and almost non-existent resources but a talented, largely home-grown squad. I got them promoted to the Championship in my first season, got taken over and money put into the club, achieved promotion to the Prem and mid-way through the season performing in the top-half. It isn't an easy challenge due to the aforementioned hindrances but if you get lucky and achieve investment, then it can be really fun. The club is always going to get taken over after promotion but maybe I was lucky I got a rich dude to do so!

Start as an unemployed manager and see where you go from there, spent a good year with Zaragoza before moving onto Man United

Yeah I forgot there was a thread for this, I appreciate all your feedback, I have started an online save with a friend where we have both started unemployed, looking for a Championship club ideally but you never know I suppose, if it doesn't come to anything though I will keep your suggestions in mind, you never know on FM14 :)