Need a good offensive and balanced 4-4-2 (or 4-2-4) tactic

vandamme84

Reaction score
Like its written in the title: I am looking for a solid tactic for a 4-4-2 formation or 4-2-4.

Which roles and duties would you distribute to have a balanced 4-4-2 formation?

thx

Looking to download one or create one yourself?

If you are looking for a strong 4-4-2 tactic but not looking to create one then I would use the Modern Warfare 4-4-2 on these forums, its very good and may be looked at as a little over powered.

To create one... because of that I need some advices how to set up this.

How many attack duties would you distribute? The midfield partnership? roles of the fbs? etc.

Its should be for galatasaray or a strong team, who should dominate his opponent

it would depend on the players you have at your disposal and their strengths, but as a basic answer to your questions

1- 3 attack duties, both wingers and your goal scoring striker. 3 defense duties, 2 cb's and 1 central midfielder. rest support to maintain a good balance in the side
2- midfield partnership, advanced playmaker support - will look to control the space between the strikers and the midfield aswell as keeping decent shape + Ball winning midfielder - will look to press opposing players all over the park and win the ball back.
3- I'd put fullbacks on automatic, this way should you be 2-0 up for example you may look to sit deep and defend your lead, this would change their roles to suit.

This is how my current team is set up after a couple seasons growing from relegation battlers to euro contenders.
View attachment 358667

Now I have not tweaked any individual player instructions etc and am doing reasonably well i think. Obviously there are tweaks that can be made to perfect this, such as has been made in modern warfare etc

it would depend on the players you have at your disposal and their strengths, but as a basic answer to your questions

1- 3 attack duties, both wingers and your goal scoring striker. 3 defense duties, 2 cb's and 1 central midfielder. rest support to maintain a good balance in the side
2- midfield partnership, advanced playmaker support - will look to control the space between the strikers and the midfield aswell as keeping decent shape + Ball winning midfielder - will look to press opposing players all over the park and win the ball back.
3- I'd put fullbacks on automatic, this way should you be 2-0 up for example you may look to sit deep and defend your lead, this would change their roles to suit.

This is how my current team is set up after a couple seasons growing from relegation battlers to euro contenders.
View attachment 358667

Now I have not tweaked any individual player instructions etc and am doing reasonably well i think. Obviously there are tweaks that can be made to perfect this, such as has been made in modern warfare etc

Ok thanks for your help, seems good.

But one comment: I think the midfield partnership in a formation with 2 mcs should be very balanced. If I use a adp support (would be sneijder for my squad) and a bwm (defend) maybe melo or selcuk inan, than isnt there a problem that I become a huge gap in the midfield, because the bwm is pressing too much and alows space for the opposition and apm support is also going to support???

And you have no player who is connceting the defence with midfield, or is a bbd enough to do that. I would use a dlp defend (selcuk inan) and a apm support (sneijder) or would my midfield be to weak?

thx

Ok thanks for your help, seems good.

But one comment: I think the midfield partnership in a formation with 2 mcs should be very balanced. If I use a adp support (would be sneijder for my squad) and a bwm (defend) maybe melo or selcuk inan, than isnt there a problem that I become a huge gap in the midfield, because the bwm is pressing too much and alows space for the opposition and apm support is also going to support???

And you have no player who is connceting the defence with midfield, or is a bbd enough to do that. I would use a dlp defend (selcuk inan) and a apm support (sneijder) or would my midfield be to weak?

thx

A BWM with a defend duty looks to win the ball in the middle of the park and play a pass to a more creative player, this keeps the teams shape. I find that they link up really well.

The defence does link up with midfield aswell, and the BPD i'm using is to help as the technical side of his game supports counter attacking opportunities.

A dlp defend behaves more like an anchor man and doesnt support attacking play as much as is required of him. dlp are also good for counter attacking strategies as they look to play more direct passes from deeper in the field. I'm not entirely sure how a DLP and an AP would link up.