Need a high scoring striker whom i can rely on.

Sammyogoogo

Reaction score
Hi guys, i need your help on this one. i want you to tell me who has been your most reliable striker ever. some one who can get me over 30 goals per season. iv alredy got teves and hes lettin me down cos i took the arm band from him. iv also got neymar and balotelli. guys plese help me with this one thanks..

Pato always does well for me, Babacar in about the 3rd or 4th season is a beast.. Both very expensive though of course, if you want a truly world class striker you have to spend money though.

Kalinic, Steven Fletcher or Marcus Berg are pretty cheap - not Berbatov or Rooney quality but still very decent.

I'm not sure if he really does get upset enough if you take away his captainship that this changes, but Tevez has always been ridiculously consistent for me. He can be counted on to get around a goal a match with me, maybe slightly below that. I always have him as a poacher next to a target man (Attack).

Otherwise, Babacar, Sanogo, and Dzeko will almost always give good results if you just set them as target men.

Given what who you have said you have, I would STRONGLY advise the following:

Get either Babacar, Sanogo, Lukaku, or Dzeko (though I prefer the first two). Set whichever one you get as an attacking target man. Put Tevez next to him as a poacher. Put Neymar in the left attacking midfielder position as a winger (attack) and put Balotelli in the right attacking midfielder position as a winger (attack).

I have done that exact thing and it has been devastatingly good. Tevez scores ridiculous numbers of goals.

If you really don't want Tevez though, you could always get Aguero or better yet, break the bank for Rooney and use them in the same role.

this great keep them comming please, im getiin lots of good players here. thanks

first 2 seasons jermain defoe has been a god nearly 40 goals in first season and its december time in second and he has 17 now set him as poacher and watch them fly in!

I'm not sure if he really does get upset enough if you take away his captainship that this changes, but Tevez has always been ridiculously consistent for me. He can be counted on to get around a goal a match with me, maybe slightly below that. I always have him as a poacher next to a target man (Attack).

Otherwise, Babacar, Sanogo, and Dzeko will almost always give good results if you just set them as target men.

Given what who you have said you have, I would STRONGLY advise the following:

Get either Babacar, Sanogo, Lukaku, or Dzeko (though I prefer the first two). Set whichever one you get as an attacking target man. Put Tevez next to him as a poacher. Put Neymar in the left attacking midfielder position as a winger (attack) and put Balotelli in the right attacking midfielder position as a winger (attack).

I have done that exact thing and it has been devastatingly good. Tevez scores ridiculous numbers of goals.

If you really don't want Tevez though, you could always get Aguero or better yet, break the bank for Rooney and use them in the same role.

Neymar and Balotteli will are best be played as inside forwards/winger. I got tevez from city after a season n hes averaging 2 goals per games and 4 straight hat-tricks. hes a goal machine. U can go for Aguero or Higuan if u've got the money.

Like others have said, Oscar Cardozo is the one.
Play him up top on his own as an attacking target man with two decent inside forwards either side of him.

If you don't mind spending money, I find Eto'o is amazing! Absolute goal machine.

On the cheap side, Jan Chramosta. (Found him on here in Raikan's thread). He is just pure awesomeness. Will bang in the goals and most likely have you choosing him over megabucks superstars! Think you need the Czech league loaded though.

Im supprised no-ones mentioned Hulk from Porto.

In the second season he will cost you between 10-15mill. He has high adapability and fits into your team quickly. He's young too so you'll get some good buvk for your Money!

He plays along side Defoe (poacher) as an Advanced Forward - im in March and hes bagged about 25 + quite a few assists.

I made the mistake of signing Neymar in the first season .... worst signing ive ever made on FM.

Welliton - Spartak Moscow
Rafael Sobis - Internacional
Tomas Necid - CSKA
Dawid Janczyk - CSKA (on loan at Germianl Beerschot)
Roman Zozulya - Dinamo Kiev
Guilherme - Dinamo Kiev
Diogo - Olympiakos (on loan at Flamengo)
Demba Ba - Hoffenheim
Andre Pierre Gignac - Marseille
Olexandyr Gladkyi - Shakthar
Bafetimbi Gomis - Lyon
Mikael Eneramo - ES Tunis
Takayuki Morimoto - Catania
Mounir El Hamdoui - Ajax
Matias Defederico - Corinthians
Dentinho - Corinthians
Edinson Cavani - Napoli *
Sercan Yildirim - Bursaspor
Mevlut Erdinc - PSG
Fernando Cavenaghi - Bordeux (on loan at Mallorca)
Thiago Ribeiro - Cruzeiro *
Robert Acquafresca - Genoa (on loan at Cagliari)
Guillaume Hoarau - PSG
Nilmar - Villareal
Marcelo Moreno - Shakthar
Ezequiel Lavezzi - Napoli
Sergio Flocarri - Lazio
Marius Niculae - Dinamo Bucharest
Patrick Helmes - Leverkeusen
Kleber - Cruizero
Vedab Ibisevic - Hoffenheim
Fred - Fluminese *
Frederic Nimani - Monaco (on loan at Nantes)
Ari - Spartak Moscow
Wellington Paulista - Cruizero
Stefan Kiebling - Leverkeusen
Fredy Montero - Seattle
Amine Chermiti - Zurich
Jozy Altidore - Villareal
Javier Saviola - Benfica
Yaser Al-Qahtani - Al-Hilal
Helder Postiga - Sporting
Mike Hanke - Hannover
Christian Fabbiani - All Boys
Levan Mchedlidze - Empoli
Leonardo Melazzi - Danubio
Rasmus Jonnson - Helsingsborg
Diego Mauricio - Flamengo
Rogelio Funes Mori - River
Luis Machado - Tucarembco
Eliandro - Cruzeiro
Seba - Cruzeiro
Lucas Gaucho - Sao Paulo
Deniz Naki - St Pauli
Rodrigo Pastorini - Defensor Sporting
Marco Perez - Chico Fc (on loan at Zaragoza) *
Jan Chramosta - Mladla Bolesav
Seydou Doumbia - CSKA
Vinicius - Palmeiras

Tevez and Dzeko can make an immediate impact (Tevez has scored a ridiculous amount of goals for me). A few seasons in, Babacar becomes outstanding, and I've seen Sanogo in two saves - one where he turned out decent, the other where he became the best striker in the game by a mile (couldn't sign him in this one though).

I think Cardozo and Eto'o are the best in Season 1...

Jozy Altidore as a lone striker is immense. Scored 40 goals in all competitions on my Celtic season.