DjEoin

Reaction score
So im in the EPL and sitting 8th, first season there and my team is decent.

My problem is this, everytime i play the big teams, i always do well, actually only lost 1 big game and that was to liverpool, the rest i have drawn or won but when it comes to the lower teams, stoke, qpr even millwall i cant seem to beat them

My team plays much better and has plenty of chances but we dont win ever and its cost me, i really should be in a top 4 spot but instead struggling mid-table.

So what the **** do i do? my players are playing well, all averaging over 7 and im running the same formations that have worked, build my team around them really

so any advice?

If your playing a defensive/Counter tactic against defensive/counter teams it's probably not going to work. But can't help you further as I don't know your team, tactics etc.

View attachment 329096

heres a pic of my team
im missing tony watt for 3 months now and hes my best striker, he was on good form till the injury so that hasnt helped
but i dont get how my team doesnt perform against the small teams
i just played wolves there and lost 2-1. i had 23 shots, they had 4, only 2 on target yet my defence and keeper played a good game

I think i know where is the problem. You may be playing to much attacking for that squad. the other teams only need 4 shoots and score because those shoots came for 1-1 situations.

How high is your defensive line?
What cover roles does the rest of the team have?
Does your mids have decent teamwork?
Do you play players in the best roles?

You need to use different tactics and formations against lower quality teams.

I have to disagree. I use the same, always, and the results are great! One loss and dozens of wins.

This is weird. Cos I use different stuff each match almost and I almost always win ALL competitions I partake in from the first season. Even with lower league teams.

thats not the tatics i use when playing the bigger teams, i play a counter formation but when playing the smaller teams it doesnt work
this formation has been working for me before but this season its really struggling
what formations would you suggest then?

thats not the tatics i use when playing the bigger teams, i play a counter formation but when playing the smaller teams it doesnt work
this formation has been working for me before but this season its really struggling
what formations would you suggest then?

If you play counter and the other team plays counter, who is countering who?

If you play counter and the other team plays counter, who is countering who?

Then the game becomes end-to-end, which is why the premier league is the best league in the world because the majority of the teams use counter-attacking.

Last edited:
Three words ... Push higher up .. Lower teams will probs come and have a " dont like it up them " attitude ... keep them pressed and play higher up and retain possession and or play through defense. If you have the ball or more of it other team cant score .. Give it a bash mate works a treat for me i will post my results with them shouts when iam on my save with a average hebburn town team first season in prem and joint 3rd in january.

Three words ... Push higher up .. Lower teams will probs come and have a " dont like it up them " attitude ... keep them pressed and play higher up and retain possession and or play through defense. If you have the ball or more of it other team cant score .. Give it a bash mate works a treat for me i will post my results with them shouts when iam on my save with a average hebburn town team first season in prem and joint 3rd in january.

Pressing higher up is better for when the other team wants to pass it around and work there way up the field, but smaller teams are more likely to just play long passes up the pitch, which will leave you open if your players are busy pressing high up it!

Ah well, however seems to work well for me nevertheless the need to use it mightnt be what i stated. Give it a try might work for you if it fits in with the tactic you are using. Like i say, i use it and it seems to work