Rotherham, they have good players such as Le Fondre and Law
you can win league 2 without much effort and then build from there

Suwon City in South Korea, or Pohang Steelers in the same league. Both struggle, and both would need cast improvements to succeed teams like Seongnam and Seoul. Money is something that needs to be kept an eye on, and there are rules for how many foreign players you can register for the year, so you must choose carefully.

Playing as Seoul has been the most fun save I've ever done, 3 years in and still loving it. Pohang is around third last consistently, and Suwon are always in the bottom two. There's one more team that'd be a massive challenge, but don't remember their name...

I firmly recommend playing in South America. I am playing as Fluzao and have to say really enjoying at the moment. You have State Championships, regular one, Copa Brasil, Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana. YOu have a lot of games to gel your players and everything. Best save so far for me:)

If you need a challenge, try Brøndby from the Danish SuperLiga.
at version 1.2.1 Brøndby started the season with a minus balance, which made it very hard to buy new and better players.

I have said this a few times on this forum but the most enjoyment i get, excluding Liverpool, is a journeyman save with the largest amount of leagues & countries your computer can take.

Try and win all leagues in 10+ countries? Start with a smaller team in the highest league in that country and work your way up.