Need a suitable team other than Spain/Barca to try out 2-8-0/3-7-0 formations

688michaelc

Reaction score
I'm interested in creating a 2-8-0/3-7-0 formation in the mould of Spain & Barcelona but with a different team. I realise it takes high calibre players to make this style of play work and was wondering which team (with a few additions) would be suitable?

I'd t Barca first. But it'the pinacle of success. If it doesn't work with barca it won't work at all.

Then I'd pick teams that are midfield biased with only a handful of strikers. Their aren't many out there though.

I suggest Liverpool, As Suarez can play wing and you have Gerrard, Adam, henderson, Lucas, Spearing, Downing, Maxi. as well as Johnson and Enrique who both should be able to play WB's. (only play u won't find room for is Carroll)

Man C, West Ham, Arsenal,Newcastle, Lyon, Porto, Benfica can all be uses . Also , dont be afraid to use à FC in the AMC position. If his stats and his ppms match, then go for it.

Also teams like Wigan, Blackburn and various teams in the Championship can be used with ease, especially if you want to make àn " underdog " tactic. I have made à 460 using lesser teams and it works good to.

Last edited:
Then I'd pick teams that are midfield biased with only a handful of strikers. Their aren't many out there though.
g.gif

Everton have quite a few midfielders (Rodwell, Fellaini, Barkley, Cahill, Pienaar) and not many strikers so they may be a good one to use