need advice to improve defending against big four!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueLion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 4K
try use the tactic in my sig dude, i had a similar problem, play van on the right (take off long shots) and play torres left hand slot! it is for FM09, but im sure it will work in FM10, it took me a very long time formulating it and you can tweak it around how you feel is good.

play Gerrard in the right hand slot and your defensive CM in the left hand slot wiht the backwards arrow!

thanx for the information...i would rather improve my tactics than using someone elses at the moment...i will dw your tactic anyway and try it on another game...

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

exactly i sold benayoun and will sell riera as i got di maria and babel for left and kuyt and gerrard for right and will sell kuyt next season to get a good replacement and waiting for aquilani to get back fit as he is recovering from injury probably gonna push kuyt off for gerrard on the right with aquilani as amc with mascherano and moutinho behind him with di maria on left.. then i am gonna buy some defenders as my attack and midfield are perfect maybe will sign riqulme tho next season he wud be free by jan too i think and btw riena makes it to team of the week like every week..

HOW DO you play your wingers...instructions i mean...and their mentality : set on support or attack?

wingers and attack thats it although i got on my mind if i play gerrard on right wing would increase his creative freedom and his long shots.. for whole team i play deep, wide, quick and no offside..

Use the wingers and everyone else on support or defend except your striker and play a rigid game like Gatid said.

Use the wingers and everyone else on support or defend except your striker and play a rigid game like Gatid said.

you mean this for the away games against stronger opposition or play like this always???

Away against strong opposition. You do have to vary your tactics on opposition. You can play a more fluid game against weaker opposition as youre a strong team

Away against strong opposition. You do have to vary your tactics on opposition. You can play a more fluid game against weaker opposition as youre a strong team

i know i have to vary...so going away against man utd. should i play defensive or counter???

well so far i havent played chelsea , arsenal or man utd cause its my first season as my old save wudnt load but well i beat man city away 3-0 and tottenham away 5-3 i guess i am a fan of score more than you get :D thats why torres scoring alot for me..

well so far i havent played chelsea , arsenal or man utd cause its my first season as my old save wudnt load but well i beat man city away 3-0 and tottenham away 5-3 i guess i am a fan of score more than you get :D thats why torres scoring alot for me..

i so far drew with chelsea 1-1 at stamford bridge scoring a late goal with van nistelrooy and beat man.city 2-1 at home...got hammered by west ham ...stupid game...otherwise i ve won....mostly 1-0 , 2-1

now i intend to keep this tactic for away games and going to create an offensive 4-5-1 for home match with a higher closing down and agressivity in order to break lesser opponents.

Last edited:
i wont man city away like i said 3-0 tottenham 5-3 away fulham 3-1 home in 9 games won 8 draw 1 lost 0 top 2 scorers in league are torres and gerrard so far.. when i am not scoring much i just get my amc as striker send gerrard as right winger and kuyt or nistelrooy as striker...

i know i have to vary...so going away against man utd. should i play defensive or counter???

I would play counter as your team is a goalscoring threat and you'll probably lose the battle for possesion. I would go defensive or contain if youre trying to hold on to a lead

Try and buy defenders with high Concentration,its a vital yet overlooked attribute for defenders.

Try and buy defenders with high Concentration,its a vital yet overlooked attribute for defenders.

nice tip JP thank you...

as i will go counter ...with what sideline shouts i should associate this way of playing??\

NEWS guys: i managed to win the game against man utd. 0-1 (torres) after a perfect counter attacking play.Also had several clear cut chances but torres wanted to play with my nerves until the final whistle.Also he got W.Brown to be eliminated for a tackle from behind .Glen Johnson was a rock for me in this match.thanx for your advice!!now i must tinker down a tactic for the matches where i am the mighty team

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

cold shower: i ve just been beaten 2-0 at home by wolfsburg.I used an offensive 4 5 1 and they punished me with a 30 yard strike and a cross from the left wing .torres just kept hitting it anywhere else but the goal...on the bright side i managed to sign A. Di Maria for 8,5 mil E...

Last edited:
Just won Premier League!!1 point distance from chelsea...battled to the last game...the drew with arsenal on stamford bridge and title goes to anfield!!>:D

Back