rookiemanager

Reaction score
I want to create 3 tactics and save them for match preperation. Im thinking of these 3 and i want to know if they would work;

Tactic 1-the 1st 75 minutes or when winning
442; lowest tempo/narrowest/short passing (default on team instructions)/counter/last 'deep' just before normal.

Tactic 2-when drawing against better teams and 'hopeing' to beat them (to be used on 75 minutes)
442; everything on normal. Passing normal (default on team instructions). Yes to counter

Tactic 3-when losing the game or when drawing against a weaker team (to be used on 75 minutes)
Not a 442 (dont know what yet, but a more attacking formation), yes to counter. Long passing (default). Widest/fastest tempo. D-line on 1st 'push up'.

The idea for this is to perserve energy levels and to only to 'rush' things at the end of a match, if it needs to be done.

Has anyone tried this or simular and if they have has it worked?

Its not a bad ideea but it will take you some time to get the best out of it. 3 tactics means alot of match preparation and if u go very high with match preparation you will loose training time.
4-4-2 is the most common formation and you can have alot of options.The 3rd tactic should be something close, maybe a 4-3-3 if u have an CM/AM that plays ST as well so you can easily switch to it without any substitutions.
I see no reason of failure in what u try there.Only the way you make the tactics.Good luck and come back with some results:)

usually i have found if your winning leave it as it is but replaced tired or underperforming players

Thanks. Im thinking for tactic 1 will be more of a team game/low closing down/loose zonal marking. Tactic 2 creative in middle/closing down in middle/tight marking on and tactic 3 is high creative/high closing down/tight marking on.

Mentality will be normal for t1, normal for t2 and 'overload' for t3

I will have to start my game again. I let you know how i get on.

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Or should i have tactic 1 defensive?

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

I created the 3 tactics and saved them and put all 3 of them in the saved bit, but how come i cant see changes in the 'general strategies'?

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:32 AM ----------

When i get a chance to play fm 2011, i give you more updates. Had a friendly thats it. Btw, i changed tactics. My 3 tactics are this instead;
Tactic 1
Is the same as my original idea, but counter, not defensive. Because i found 'stand off/defensive combo, looked 0-3 notches on closing down. It just looked way too extreme. Closing down still is low but not silly low. At the start against stronger sides. I will use this also if im happy drawing/winning against stronger sides or winning against weaker sides.
Tactic 2
Has changed totally. Very simular now to tactic 1, but is 'control', not attacking. Doesnt sound alot of difference to tactic 1, but even though only 'mentallity has changed', by default, closing down increased a little bit (but still reserving energy levels) and mentality increased a fair way, but not over the top. At the start against weaker sides. I will use this also if im unhappy losing/drawing, against weaker sides. Or unhappy at losing to stronger sides.
Tactic 3
Has changed slightly. This will be a 442. Same as my original idea but 'attacking' not overload and default passing, not long ball. Still press and tight mark. Totally opposite to tactics 1 or 2. This is my most attacking tactic. This will be used on 60 minutes if against a weaker side or 75 minutes if against a stronger side, unless i am winning at this time, i will not use this tactic. This tactic will be used whether im drawing or losing (unless in rare circumstances ie, needing to draw to get promotion/avoid relegation etc)

And yes, im managing the poor Mile Oak again, now that i actually know how to play the game.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

In the friendlies, i like the look of my 3 tactics

Last edited: