DeclanL14

Reaction score
I've just finished my first season on fm14 and I've managed to guide predicted to finish dead last Leamington to a very satisfactory position of 6th in the Skrill North, 2 points off a play off space.

My dilemma is do I stay on with Leamington or advance my career elsewhere. My main aim of this save isn't to perform miracles with Leamington and guide them to champions league glory, it is simply to advance my own career as far as possible and achieve major successes in major tournaments.

I started this save with a Sunday league reputation so it is obviously unlikely that a Skrill Premier team will be interested in hiring me so if I leave Leamington it will probably be to join another Skrill North/South side. The reason for me leaving Leamington will be because my contract is expiring and I am unsure as to whether or not I want to stay. I mainly enjoyed the year at Leamington but staying on for a second season looks like a very big challenge. This is down to only four of my first team players having contracts that don't expire in the summer. I opened negotiations with every player and was unable to extend any more contracts because of players not wanting to stay on and a lack of wage budget which the board is unwilling to provide more funds towards.

This will leave me with the 4 players in the first team and around ten players from the under 21's and under 18's between the ages of 15 and 19. All of these players aren't tipped to be any better than Skrill North standard however.

So what I'm looking for is advice as to whether I should stick it out at Leamington again and see how it goes or jump ship to a more financially stable club with more possibility of success.

Also if anyone is interested I will provide screenshots of information from my save such as results, tactics etc.

Thanks.

I think you should continue with Leamington, I don't think you'll have a significant improvement in a new team if you change. I'm currently managing York City, half way though second season and currently leading league 2 by 3 points. Previous season we lost in the play offs, so I had to reshape the team with regens from Wales who are surprisingly well. My squad age average is only 18 and so far its been really enjoyable helping this young lads develop.

It's pretty stupid how almost all your players leave at the end of the season in lower leagues and won't even consider a new contract, even if you exceed expectations. Most of the time they end up joining worse clubs and do terribly.