Need decent tactic for MK dons please help

• Thread starter bupp
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 9K
B

bupp

I manage MK Dons and I cannot seem to get a point. Please help I am barely hanging on to the job SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!;)

I manage MK Dons and I cannot seem to get a point. Please help I am barely hanging on to the job SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!;)

What's your team like any new signings and which db did you use? Have you still got Dele Ali, as you will want a tactic that evolves around your better players...

Try this out...

It's a 4-2-3-1 Narrow but the two Trequartista's act as a Wide Outlet in the final third, and aim to creat chances for your Poacher...

My recommended lineup:
Devante Cole

Dele Alli - Samir Carruthers - Ben Reeves

Darren Potter - Keith Andrews

Dean Lewington - Jordan Spence - Kyle McFadzean -Lee Hodson

David Martin​

I arrived on club in financial trouble, not able to sign anybody but they did sign Mason Bennett on loan from Derby before I got there and he is a beast

I arrived on club in financial trouble, not able to sign anybody but they did sign Mason Bennett on loan from Derby before I got there and he is a beast
Well let me how that works out for you

tactic works great, won the playoff after being in 23rd in December thx again:D

Try this out...

It's a 4-2-3-1 Narrow but the two Trequartista's act as a Wide Outlet in the final third, and aim to creat chances for your Poacher...

My recommended lineup:
Devante Cole

Dele Alli - Samir Carruthers - Ben Reeves

Darren Potter - Keith Andrews

Dean Lewington - Jordan Spence - Kyle McFadzean -Lee Hodson

David Martin​

Quality tactic, used with Millwall and made 2 signings and got promoted when i had no right to...lol

hats off to you bornexplorer

Now I am doing better than expected in Championship, I have won every home game but lost every away game! Any tips for a a stronger away tactic?

Now I am doing better than expected in Championship, I have won every home game but lost every away game! Any tips for a a stronger away tactic?

Post up your squad and i'll see what i can come up with.... probably gonna be a 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 maybe a 4-1-4-1

Last edited:
I would create my own but I am absolutely ***** at creating tactics so thx for helping bornexplorer

Gaaaaah I got relegated back to l1 I literally lost every away game and now in l1 I have lost 6 of my last 7 away games! Are there any already made tactics on fm base specifically for away games? I mean Walsall just beat me 5-0!

Gaaaaah I got relegated back to l1 I literally lost every away game and now in l1 I have lost 6 of my last 7 away games! Are there any already made tactics on fm base specifically for away games? I mean Walsall just beat me 5-0!
Haha, sorry been doing uni work over the last two days... I will look into an away version of the tactic for tonight...

Still credit to you mate, the tactic is still very good. I have now tried many different tactics away, but I have won only one away game!

I was also very unlucky in championship, relegated with 43 points! That usually gets you about 16th!

I was also very unlucky in championship, relegated with 43 points! That usually gets you about 16th!
Unlucky, tough league!!

Try this one out, should be perfect for a more defensive approach; should serve you better for the tough away days...
There's a 442 and a 4411 depending on how your striker situation is now...
View attachment 214384
View attachment 214383

Advice for Tactics:

Strikers need something about them either pace/strength etc. but the main focus is on his skills (flair, technique, decisions etc), don't expect alot of goals from the striker in the 4-4-1-1 setup, your SS will score the most along with the Creative CM will always join the attack

Try and sign/play wingers that more like an aggressive wing back (for example players like Danny Alves, Leighton Baines - basically someone that is an all round winger, not just an attacking threat - Matty Etherington comes to mind - puts a shift in)

Last edited:
I have a little question.. it's about a different topic.. but it's still with MK Dons. So I guess it would be better posting it here than in a new thread.

Anyway, I created my own tactic based on what I used with Bayern, but with obviously not as complex player roles and less instuctions. It worked really well until january and I started hitting a bad spell. I still dominate games in terms of possession and shots on target, but I seem to lose or draw quite a lot against teams I demolished previously.

Anyway, here is my current squad:
View attachment 213831

here is my current tactic and instructions:

View attachment 213830View attachment 213829

Can any of you maybe help me find what the problem is? Or is it just a simple mid-season slump?

Try changing tactic to fluid. Also I would take shorter passing off and add pass into space and play out of defence. Hope this helps. It may just be midseason slump though, happened to me too with the dons! (H)