razu64

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to to perfect this tactic. I play with Palermo and I concede too much goals and my team can shoot like 30 times and only 5 on target. I would love to play with a Libero, usually it's Gonzalez, a real libero, not Goldaniga.
.View attachment 137679
View attachment 137678

Hey guys, I need to to perfect this tactic. I play with Palermo and I concede too much goals and my team can shoot like 30 times and only 5 on target. I would love to play with a Libero, usually it's Gonzalez, a real libero, not Goldaniga.
.View attachment 1067147
View attachment 1067148

You need more players back defending. You only have three defenders, which is not enough, especially as you dont have any holding midfielder either. You are having so many shots because there are a lot of players who are committed to attacking. I would recommend using Complete Wingbacks instead of the wide midfielders. I also think that you should remove one of the other players from their position and use a defensive midfielder so he can help shield your defense. Personally, I would remove one striker and use him as the defensive midfielder. Your formation is too attacking. There is space on the flanks in your defense,which can be very easily exploited by long balls to the flanks by the opposition.

.View attachment 1067147
View attachment 1067148

Going to end up echoing a bit of what Cookie said, but sticking to the formation you have up.

The back three are the only pure defenders you have, and while on Fluid non-pure defenders will help out in defensive phases, your mentality means that in attack they would also push farther up. SO in transition your team can be easily caught out. When the attack breaks down you'd have typically three men behind the ball as the opposition counter; hence need more players to be defensive.

Given your formation, the extra defenders or screening players can come from either your two CMs or your wide players or some mixture of the two. Looking at your wide players, since they're alone one the wing they have to provide both defensive cover out wide as well as width going forward. One solution that Cookie1 pointed out is to drop them back into WB or FB slots; another is to give them roles that have greater defensive emphasis - DW on any duty or WM on support. The WM can be given Defend or Atack duties as well, but it would mean other parts of the formation will have to compensate for him being too defensive or attacking.

The two CMs should typically be viewed as Holder/Runner, unless other parts of the formation balance it out. One player holds and screens the defence, the other player is given the freedom to carry the ball forward or provide late runs. Holding players in the CM slot are anyone with a defend duty that is not the BWM. The BWM is a very aggressive role and will not hold but chase the ball. SO the BWM can be seen as more a mix of the Holder and the Runner. Since you have an AP(a) in the AMC position, you don't need a runner that is too cavalier or too creative so as to not detract from your AP. The BBM is a good position, or even just a CM(s).

Depending on your personnel and the needs of the match, you could have static defending players out wide and two safe runners in the middle like CM(s) or you you could have two holding players in the middle and more attacking wide players (note the wide players will still have to defend, so you'll still be 'restricted' to WM and DW roles) or anywhere in between.

As for instructions, you may want to adjust the aggression of your wide players in some circumstances.

As for your attack, why exploit the flanks? Not saying it's wrong, just want to know. How are the shots being created? Who do you want creating?

Heh, just look at your tactic, you've got only 2 defenders and 1 Libero, of course, you'll be conceding a lot with such poor defense :)