Need help 4-5-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Arxes

Reaction score
I tried 4-5-1 on my first year in Wolves. Possession is good, around 45-55% all game. I tried to make my offense based on crossing but it's not very dominating yet. I also tried to establish man-to-man defense, but the defense, sometimes there, sometimes isn't there. Have been tried scoring from corner but didn't have any success.

What should I do in order to improve my tactic overall ? Thanks in advance

View attachment 116856View attachment 116854

You're 1st in the Championship and you're getting high average ratings from your players, so there doesn't seem to be too much wrong here, in my opinion. I prefer to stagger the attack slightly by having one of the wingers on Support duty with the full back behind him on Attack, but if this is working for you as it is, keep it.

The problem with man-to-man marking, and closing everybody down, is that good passing teams can pick their way through you with short, sharp, high tempo passes. Sometimes, by sitting off your players can form more of an impenetrable wall around your penalty area - so experiment and see which option produces better results for you. On set-pieces, you just have to create your Set Piece routines in the relevant area of the Tactics section and devote some training time to it every now-and-again.