LgsLord26

Reaction score
Hey guys, a while since my last post. I'm playing with Arsenal in 2016/17 season. I am playing either 4-1-2-3-1 (Anchor Man) or 4-2-3-1 (Attacking Midfielder), my trouble is my team aren't consistent. I either win by big margins or concede a lot of goals, it doesn't matter which team it is. I beat Manchester United last season who were top of the league 3-0 then lost 4-3 to Reading who were in the relegation zone. I just need some help to shore up my defence. I had played Wing Backs but pushed their position back to the standard back four. I have,

Alberto Moreno - Inigo Martinez - Laurent Koscielny - Bacary Sagna

Cheers guys.

I supose that the 4-2-3-1 is used against weaker teams, who probably are playing long balls behind your defenders back, who are pushing high up. Also the space between your defenders and your midfielders is way too big so have one player on defend and the other on support, and if you're using a BWM watch out with that because i've noticed that they push really high up the pitch to recover the ball, leaving the defense uncovered in case he gets dribbled, or the opponent gets a quick counter

Last edited:
Your first mistake is not playing Mertesacker.

He is so consistent and his stats are out of this world to make up for his lack of pace (which isn't really a big deal in fm14 as attackers run in wonky lines that allows people to catch up with them)

I play Arsenal too and I'm also in the 2016/17 season. I use mainly 3 2 3 2 tactic, and my team rarely concede goals at all :) my defenders are: fb support Shaw and Clyne, and cd covering Ginter. DM's are bwm defend Papadopoulos and dlp support Ramsey. I also use the "drop deeper" order. My other team instructions are fluid, balanced, be more expressive. Works for me, alread
y won the league twice and champions cup, FA cup and league cup once :)