Chocman

Reaction score
I need help with away tactics. My Liverpool squad is totally dominant at home but can't seem to play very well on the road. Im a little into my 3rd season, in the league my squad has 38 wins, 2 drawn and 1 loss at home in the league while only going 17 won, 15 drawn, 10 lost away. I understand that Im going to play better at home but this difference is huge and the problem is that it seems to be getting worse.

I play a 4-3-3 tactic, here is what I do at home basically that is so successful.

LB-Wingback-Attack
CD-Central Defender-Defend
CD-Central Defender-Defend
RB-Wingback-Attack
CM-Central Midfielder-Defend
CM-Central Midfielder-Support
AMC-Advanced Playmaker-Support
LF-Inside Forward-Attack
CF-Target Man-Attack
RF-Inside Forward-Attack

My team settings are usually for balanced and attacking while at home.

Ive tried a bunch of stuff on the road, Ive played counter attack, Ive changed by fullbacks to support, Ive moved my midfield around a bit so that I have DMC rather than an AMC. What's even more frustrating is that on the road Ill do fairly well against the other top teams. Im happy to draw while away to United, Arsenal, Chelsea or other contending teams and for the most part I do. The problem is I feel like Im drawing too much against the mid table and even bottom table teams. Im not expecting to win 15 games while away or anything but I feel like I could or should be better while away.

I don't really want a totally new tactic thats completely different than the tactic that dominates at home. There are a couple reasons for this. First is that my players are suited to the 4-3-3, I acquire players to play in that formation. The 2nd I think that drastically changing tactics game to game would adversely affect the team.

Basically Im wondering if anyone has any ideas that I can use to tweak my tactic to perform better while away, while staying in a 4-3-3.