Otherside

Reaction score
Hello all, a friend and I came up with a new structure for the Dutch nation. I've been puzzling a bit and unfortunately I'm stuck.
I've never tried creating sub divisions before, so that's the problem here.

As you can see on the screenshot below, it doesn't really understand what I'm trying to do :p
The idea of the Super Divisions (A and B) is to let the bottom team relegate to the Major Division (A or B) automatically and let the 2 teams above the bottom teams play promotion/relegation play-offs against the numbers 2 and 3 from the Major Divisions (A and B). The champions of the Major Divisions automatically promote.
But the editor recognizes this as 2 promoted teams (the 2 champions) and 6 relegated teams (so the 2 bottom teams and 4 teams from the 2 play-off poules), instead of 2 relegated teams and 8 teams in total (divided in 2 play-off poules) that play for 4 places in the Super Division. What should I do? Thanks a lot in advance.

View attachment 242509

have you set up promotion play off from the sub division?

have you set up promotion play off from the sub division?

No, I have set up a relegation playoff for both Super Divisions (as you can see in the screenshot, number of teams from this division is set at 2, and number of teams from lower division is set at 2 as well, with 2 teams being relegated). What adjustments would I have to make then? Adding a promotion playoff for the Major Divisions? I can't set a number of teams from higher division from there.

it's the only thing i can think of... as promotion and relegation are interlinked you may need to integrate both aspects try it and test the rules

Hello all, a friend and I came up with a new structure for the Dutch nation. I've been puzzling a bit and unfortunately I'm stuck.
I've never tried creating sub divisions before, so that's the problem here.

As you can see on the screenshot below, it doesn't really understand what I'm trying to do :p
The idea of the Super Divisions (A and B) is to let the bottom team relegate to the Major Division (A or B) automatically and let the 2 teams above the bottom teams play promotion/relegation play-offs against the numbers 2 and 3 from the Major Divisions (A and B). The champions of the Major Divisions automatically promote.
But the editor recognizes this as 2 promoted teams (the 2 champions) and 6 relegated teams (so the 2 bottom teams and 4 teams from the 2 play-off poules), instead of 2 relegated teams and 8 teams in total (divided in 2 play-off poules) that play for 4 places in the Super Division. What should I do? Thanks a lot in advance.

View attachment 242509

please can you provide a screenshot of super division A and major division A showing the general tab and the same for the parent divisions. I have an idea of what you might need to do and these would confirm if it's right and help me explain it.

it's the only thing i can think of... as promotion and relegation are interlinked you may need to integrate both aspects try it and test the rules
Done that and it now says invalid number of winning playoff teams in Major Division A, should be between 1 and 1 :p

please can you provide a screenshot of super division A and major division A showing the general tab and the same for the parent divisions. I have an idea of what you might need to do and these would confirm if it's right and help me explain it.
I will, just a sec :)
By parent divisions, you mean super division and major division?

first thing i can see that might help is setting the division for relegated teams on super division a to major division a and then setting the division for promoted teams on major division a to super division a, and then setting the corrosponding b divisions to each other aswell.

hopefully that will help the game recognise that the teams are coming from the major division into the super division relegation playoff as it looks like it's taking the 2 teams from lower division from somewhere else.

i'm not 100% sure what it means by the 2 playoffs clash, have you tried extending the date range of the higher division or shortening the date range of the lower division because it might mean they are playing at the same time and the lower one needs to finish before the higher one can start. although i don't think you would need a promotion playoff for the major division.

as far as i can tell the second message is relating to the relegation playoffs and the only thing i can think of to fix them is playing around with the number of teams from each division in them.

I just tried extending and shortening their ranges, but it had no influence, still got the same message. I think the first message means that the teams from the relegation playoffs are the same as the teams from the promotion playoffs and therefore they clash.

Hmm, but how do I have to set things up then? I want the numbers 6 and 7 from super division A to play a league playoff with the numbers 2 and 3 from major division A, and the best two go to the super division A. I think it should be set up like 2 from this, 2 from lower and 2 relegated, but then it says there are 6 relegated in total (2 automatically, as bottom teams, and 4 by the relegation playoffs) and only 2 promoted (the 2 champions of the major divisions). What would I have to adjust there?
Perhaps, should I fill in anything in the parent (super division and major division) playoff screens?

Thanks for your help so far.

the way you've doen it should work, but for some reason it doesn't want to, you could try it in the parent division but i think that will make it one playoff for all the leagues instead of seperate ones.

I've now set it per parent competition, which means in Super Division, I have set the amount of teams from this division to 4, as well as the number of teams from lower division, and 4 relegating. Same goes for the other competitions, I have set the total amounts. Now it says the rules are valid, but my fear is that there will be 1 playoff poule of 8 teams, with the bottom 4 relegating, where I would like to have 2 poules of 4 and the bottom 2 per poule relegating. Ah well, at least it's something. I'll give it a try!

Thanks again for your help.

Just ran a season in holiday mode, found out that I had misprogrammed the split position. Besides that, everything ran as planned, except for the promotion/relegation playoffs, which was indeed a poule of 8 teams playing each other once with the bottom 4 then relegating.. not sure how to change that properly, but at least I have something that works now.. thanks for your time

In the parent competition put 0 for promotion relegation, in the sub-divisions in the screen where it says number of promotion/relegation places only put the amount you want automatically promoted/relegation then in the play offs screen set up the amount of teams you want playing in the playoffs if you want just one playoff match then its 2 teams per spot from the same division or 2 team from the higher division and 2 from the lower division. x2 for every extra round you want.

If your picking a league table playoff then theres no option for teams to play each other twice or to have teams play from two levels. just to re iterate if you want 3 teams relegated then the automatic spot gets put in the first screen and the other 2 are taken from the relegation playoffs you don't put 3 teams in the first screen as this will mean 5 teams get relegated.

Thanks for your time, I've checked these things and the settings for automatically promoted/relegated teams are correct, but somehow my preferred playoff settings don't work, which means I'm now using another type. I've tried adjusting things in both the parent and child competitions, but either way it won't work how I'd like to :p but no problem, at least it's working now ;)

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

IM TRYING TO CREATE A 92-93 DATA BASE AND STUMBLED UPON A CONSTANT PROBLEM AND I CANNOT SOLVE IT! IV JUST CREATED FA PREMIER LEAGUE AND DIVISION ONE CONNECT THEM AS DIV 1 BEING A SUB DIV AND ITS SAYING ERROR IN NATION RULES: ALL TEAMS IN FA PREMIER LEAGUE MUST BE ASSIGNED TO PARENT DIVISION OR CHILD DIVISION NOT BOTH! WHAT DO I DO????????????????????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

IM TRYING TO CREATE A 92-93 DATA BASE AND STUMBLED UPON A CONSTANT PROBLEM AND I CANNOT SOLVE IT! IV JUST CREATED FA PREMIER LEAGUE AND DIVISION ONE CONNECT THEM AS DIV 1 BEING A SUB DIV AND ITS SAYING ERROR IN NATION RULES: ALL TEAMS IN FA PREMIER LEAGUE MUST BE ASSIGNED TO PARENT DIVISION OR CHILD DIVISION NOT BOTH! WHAT DO I DO????????????????????????????