need help - downloading tactics problem

USAMariner

Reaction score
First of all, a little history.

The only team I have really ever tried to manage on the CM/FM series is my loca team, Grimsby Town FC. What better challenge than to try and take my boys from the basement division to the Prem and maybe pick up the odd trophy here and there.

My problem lies in actually downloading the tactics.

I can actually d/l the tactic but when I try to open it, I get a message in a window that says "application not found". When I locate the download in my recent downloads folder and riht click, save as and then try to drop it in my 'tactics' folder on FM10, it just shows up as a shortcut, and not the actual tactic.

It's probably the most simplest of things, but I'm getng frustrated with it all.

Please can someone basically tell e how to download a tactic and transfer it to my game

I am using Firefox and Windows Vista if that helps at all.

I read how to download the tactics in the main post, but my problem is between step 2 and 3. It won't gove m the option to saveit to the Football Manager 2010 file. When I go to my downloads and click on the tactic, that's when I get the message about the application.

You just save the tactic then you go into your Football Manager Tactics screen in the game and import it from there

ive never downloaded tactics from fm base, but most downloads from here need to be extracted.

try winrar http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

once you have installed winrar, go back to thhe tactic file in question, right click it, then click extract to, then select the tactics folder in your fm2010 files ^^)

edit. ignore me then. lol

Thanks for your help gentlemen,

I do have Winrar installed and tried that with a tactic and as far as I can tell the tactic is now in my FM10 Tactics folder, so I should be able to use it.

Luke - I had problems trying to just upload the tactic because a seperate wondow opened saying "application not found" - as if it didn't recognise the .tac file

I appreciate both your quick responses