Need Help Finding My First Car :)

NaTHx9

Reaction score
Hello , I am currently away to purchase my first car i am looking for a 1.6 litre engine or i could go for a 1.4 but would much prefer a 1.6. So if any1 could give me a list of cars that are a 1.6 litre engine i would very much appreciate it thanks :)

Does it have to be a car?
Got to be cheaper insuring 3 wheels rather than 4...
The Reliant Robin is a pretty reliable motor, you will be the talk of the town riding in this beauty

Robin+Reliant.jpg

Maybe a:
Vauxhall astra (not sport = high insurance)
VW Polo
Fiat Punto
Ford Fiesta (only new shape model, old one dont look nice)

these are a few, and there be quite alright on insurance. I would go for fiat punto, 60mpg is amazing, save on petrol.

Have a look on Auto trader for new/used cars in your area. That's what i did when i was looking for my car.

Get a Panzer,there's some cheap insurance offer until August.

Seriously...take a look at insurance for a 1.6.....Ive got a 1.3, been driving for 11 years, 11 years no claims bonus, havent made one claim and no points on my licence....£850

Even if I had a 1.6 id be looking at £1500, and thats with 11 years behind me....yours could be more expensive than the car!!!

Assuming that you are British, and as it's your first car you are 17/18, good luck getting insuired on a 1.6, or even a 1.4 for anything near sensible money.

I would look at 1.1 Fiestas, Corsas and Polos for at least a year or two.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Seriously...take a look at insurance for a 1.6.....Ive got a 1.3, been driving for 11 years, 11 years no claims bonus, havent made one claim and no points on my licence....£850

Even if I had a 1.6 id be looking at £1500, and thats with 11 years behind me....yours could be more expensive than the car!!!

That seems excessive. I'm 22 and pay £950 for a 1.9 turbo....

Before i was 20 anything above a 1.4 was £2000+

Assuming that you are British, and as it's your first car you are 17/18, good luck getting insuired on a 1.6, or even a 1.4 for anything near sensible money.

I would look at 1.1 Fiestas, Corsas and Polos for at least a year or two.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

That seems excessive. I'm 22 and pay £950 for a 1.9 turbo....

Before i was 20 anything above a 1.4 was £2000+

yea but where do you live?? out in the country? :p...try getting somethin cheap in the gheto lol

yea but where do you live?? out in the country? :p...try getting somethin cheap in the gheto lol

Ah this is true. Location plays a big part in insurance prices, moreso than ever before.

Cos I am pro. Just did a go compare on insurance for a '67 stang, worth 25k, with my current driving deets and living in Plymouth. Cost 1.9k to insure it for a year.

Not baaaaad... Pitty I drive a 1.2L Fiesta ahah! :D

Could have posted in here. Its general chat about cars.http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/general-chat/74096-car-thread.html
I have a 02 reg Seat Ibiza sport 1.6 and insurance is only 380 Euros for the year fully comp. thats about £450 fully comp. Selling it now though as i want a new car. Depends what your budget is?
1.6 cars:
Golf(very reliable)
Civic VTI
Fiesta Zetec
Integra 1.6 straight
Toyota Levin
Seat Ibiza/Leon
VW Polo GTI
Saxo VTR/VTS

A lot of cars come in 1.6 (hi spec small cars and low spec big cars) so it all depends if you want something sporty or a runaround.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Cos I am pro. Just did a go compare on insurance for a '67 stang, worth 25k, with my current driving deets and living in Plymouth. Cost 1.9k to insure it for a year.

Not baaaaad... Pitty I drive a 1.2L Fiesta ahah! :D

Amatuer ;)
Im insured on a 78 Porsche 911 Turbo for 700 quid :D

I'm a named driver on the parents 4.2 litre land cruiser for £200

I'm a named driver on the parents 4.2 litre land cruiser for £200

You cant pick up your own no claims bonus that way can you? Thats the case in Ireland anyway... 200 quid is fairly cheap though

You cant pick up your own no claims bonus that way can you? Thats the case in Ireland anyway... 200 quid is fairly cheap though

No but i get no claims from my own policy on my Golf TDi. I think there are a couple of insurers who offer no claims to named drivers.