Need help getting a player back (chairman sold him) Isn't FMRTE supposed to do that??

afmnpst

Reaction score
How do I steal a player back that my chairman sold? Can someone walk me through this please? I am normally decent at figuring stuff out on programs, but feeling like an idiot here and need some hand holding if anyone is willing. I've spent almost 3 hours reading forum posts and trying things and can't figure out why I can't put a guy back on my team using FMRTE v4.3 beta. My game has the most recent 2011 patch, and my current save loaded fine. I get the player up on the FMRTE screen, see the team he was sold to on the contract tab....why isn't there a way to switch the team right there on that tab? That's how it's done in the pre game Data Editor. I've even tried swapping and after I search for the player's name and click the "apply" button, nothing happens. So, two questions: 1. What do I need to do to move a player back to my team? and 2. Is there a way to give myself a dual role of coach/general manager (or whatever fm 2011 needs to call me to give me final say on player movement) so the chairman can't "take matters into his own hands" because he thinks an offer is too good? Many thanks in advance!!!!

OK.
A question first. Is he already left your club ? 1)If he's still in your club, then change his date of leaving to next day ( i.e today is 21.04. change it to 22.04 ) and continiue till he joins other team. 2)Then, swap him for one of your players ( do you know how to do that ? ). 3)If that doesn't work, go to future transfer tab, select your club and transfer fee, then select date ( i.e if you choose 21.04; 22.04, select 23.04) and continiue to that date. He should "join" your team then. If he left your club step 1) is unnecessary.

go on transfer centre and click cancle transfer hope i helped mate

Vanjagl, thanks for the reply. He's already left, but when I load the most recent save in FMRTE, the swap does not work!! I am either doing something wrong, or my FMRTE has a bug? It is version 4.3 beta. Is that the latest and greatest? Here is what happens.....I search for the player I lost. His tab appears. I go to his tab, then click "swap", and the swap screen appears with the player and a blank for the other player. So far, so good, right? Then I use the search (magnifier glass icon) to try to get one my players in the bottom blank spot. I tried last name only, first and last, but I can't do it. After I type in the player's name, it seems to me that the only thing I can do is click the "apply" button (there is only apply and cancel), but then it just goes back to the swap form with the bottom place STILL empty. If you know what I've done incorrectly, please tell me specifically. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Jean-Luc, thank you, but I've tried that as well. Well, let me see if I'm understanding you completely before I say that. When you say transfer center, I am assuming you are talking about in fm 2011, and not in FMRTE, because in FMRTE I do not see a transfer centre, if I am wrong, please tell me where to find the transfer centre in FMRTE. If I am correct, and you are referring to the tranfer center in the actual game FM 2011, I don't see where I ever had an opportunity to cancel anything. The email inbox simply came up with a message that Napoli offered 26m for Cavani and that the chairman accepted it on the team's behalf. Boom, he's gone as it happened in a transfer window. What can I cancel? In transfer centre, it shows(showed) as a contract, not an offer. Now that I have played a few more days, it's not even showing in transfer centre in an view. I was thinking there must be a way to simply pull the player's name up via search, and move him from Napoli back to my team. I mean, it seems like the most basic of things that a real time editor should do? So I figured I must be missing something easy. Thanks again for trying to help!

He Gone

unless you have a save of the game before he left, there is no conventional hope.

I lost a couple of good players this way, just have to deal with it.

Vanjagl, I forgot to mention, with regard to your last idea, the future tranfers. Since the player is already gone (8 days ago), of course it is not listed in the FMRTE future tranfers for the most recent save. But what if I load one of the auto saves. If I can get back to 9 or more days ago, this might work, right?

Load FMRTE, search for the player, click on the swap player tab, go onto with and swap a youth player save the changes and he should be back at your club with the youth player at the opponent team. Then go to your budget and get rid of the transfer budget because it's not your money ;)

Last edited:
Did you continiue after you swap a player ? If not, do it. And try to load your auto save, and then try to do it in future transfer tab.

Load FMRTE, search for the player, click on the swap player tab, go onto with and swap a youth player save the changes and he should be back at your club with the youth player at the opponent team. Then go to your budget and get rid of the transfer budget because it's not your money ;)

Dannyboy and Vanjagl,

I understand that you both are suggesting using the swap player feature, but what I am telling you is that I can't seem to get any of my players to appear in the "with" field where it says "choose a player to swap". Why? What am I not doing? When I click "choose a player to swap", a smaller window opens that prompts me to "type the name of the player to be swapped". I have tried this...but it's not working. I put the name in, then click "apply", and the window goes away, but STILL there is no name there. Over and over and over I have tried last name only, first space last, last comma first. Nothing results in a name being in the "with" field when that smaller window goes away.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Yeah, I dont care about the money. I want to undo the whole thing. When you say "go into with and swap a youth player", I know you and I are on the same page, but when I click in the with field, it seems I am only able to type a players name, as opposed to being able to browse to him. And typing the name isn't doing a thing for me. I've tried at least 5 of my players ranging from somewhat common names, thinking I'd get a list of hits like a search from which I could choose one, to the most unique of names, yet nothing happens when I click the green check mark "apply" button.

Vanjagl, thanks for the reply. He's already left, but when I load the most recent save in FMRTE, the swap does not work!! I am either doing something wrong, or my FMRTE has a bug? It is version 4.3 beta. Is that the latest and greatest? Here is what happens.....I search for the player I lost. His tab appears. I go to his tab, then click "swap", and the swap screen appears with the player and a blank for the other player. So far, so good, right? Then I use the search (magnifier glass icon) to try to get one my players in the bottom blank spot. I tried last name only, first and last, but I can't do it. After I type in the player's name, it seems to me that the only thing I can do is click the "apply" button (there is only apply and cancel), but then it just goes back to the swap form with the bottom place STILL empty. If you know what I've done incorrectly, please tell me specifically. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Jean-Luc, thank you, but I've tried that as well. Well, let me see if I'm understanding you completely before I say that. When you say transfer center, I am assuming you are talking about in fm 2011, and not in FMRTE, because in FMRTE I do not see a transfer centre, if I am wrong, please tell me where to find the transfer centre in FMRTE. If I am correct, and you are referring to the tranfer center in the actual game FM 2011, I don't see where I ever had an opportunity to cancel anything. The email inbox simply came up with a message that Napoli offered 26m for Cavani and that the chairman accepted it on the team's behalf. Boom, he's gone as it happened in a transfer window. What can I cancel? In transfer centre, it shows(showed) as a contract, not an offer. Now that I have played a few more days, it's not even showing in transfer centre in an view. I was thinking there must be a way to simply pull the player's name up via search, and move him from Napoli back to my team. I mean, it seems like the most basic of things that a real time editor should do? So I figured I must be missing something easy. Thanks again for trying to help!
You can't cancel it because the chairman accepted it. Also, just carry on the game, you get no pride by cheating. Sorry to spam the thread, but just saying. It is your decision though :).

You don't just click apply once you insert a name you have to press enter/return and then a list will appear.

For example if you type in Lionel Messi hit enter/return button on the keyboard and a list will appear, hover the mouse over that player and left click once so it's highlighted the player you want to swap with the player you want to return to your team and then click apply, save the changes and the player will be back at your club.

205rree.png

Last edited:
Sorry, I could argue that in my fantasy world, I took a job and had an understanding with the ownership that I'd get final word on who gets sold if I am expected to coach a winner. So I'm just undoing what I believe this game should allow me to keep from happening in the first place. With real life sports, whether a coach gets final word is something that is negotiated with ownership, and I would seek a job that gave me that control.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Thank you Dannyboy! I'm too used to windows where enter does the same as a highlighted button, and since I couldn't see whether apply or cancel was highlighted (because neither are), I automatically reached for the mouse. Never thought of hitting enter. Knew I was doing something dumb, just didn't know what it was. Cheers!