Coup1980

Reaction score
Hey all I'm new to this years fm14 so would be really grateful if someone could go through what it takes to make a good tactic?

im a total noob to this years match engine so would like to know how best to create tactics and ways to play.

much appreciated
coup1980

Im not realy great myself at creating tactics but one thing that is currently working for me is using 2 different strikers to suit the opposition im up against. im using a target man against weak defenders and im using an advanced forward for slow defenders. this is the first time ive actually enjoyed playing the game because ive got something that works.

Just posted this in another thread

When I build my tactics I start with outlining exactly what I want from it. For example, I've lately been playing a lot with a hyper-aggressive, Gegenpressing-style tactic. I used Red Bull Salzburg, Dortmund and to an extent Barcelona '08 as my reference points. I knew that I'd have to have a high line, fast tempo, narrow shape yada-yada-yada.

With my basic tactic created I tend to give it a quarter season to settle in and gain fluidity before I start nit-picking. "I'm conceding too many goals from passes in behind my wingbacks, I should rein them in a little bit." "My centre-mid is neither making incisive passes nor retaining possession; I'll try to get him to play safer. We're impotent in attack now; more risky? That's the one, much better." etc etc.

Ultimately, however, there isn't a "right" which you can get with tactics, as it so often hinges on how your opposition play. Yes your tactic should allow you to impose your game on them but each team will throw up different challenges for you as a manager to deal with, and it is how you deal with these that determines how successful your tactic will be.