Need Help in the Championship with QPR :(

Reaction score
Me and my mate have started a network game and decided to start with teams in the championship and try to build a good squad to make it big in the prem in a few seasons. Im QPR and hes Leicester. Were using the newst patch (11.3) so hopefully if we get to the prem, we will get a decent amount of money to spend, can anyone confirm this?

I started off not too bad, but i went on a horrible run, loosing 9 games in a row :mad: wtf? the team moral was all on red downers! how do you get out of these 'horrific runs'? Ive just played my mate aswell, got beat 3-1. The last 2 games ive played ive won, but im sitting in 15th position after about 25 games. I can safely say it will take a miricle to get promoted so im giving up for this season.

I need some advice badly! who should i sell/buy for QPR?
at the beginning of the season i brought in;

Jeremie Aliadiere - started scoring a few at 1st, but now couldnt score in a brothel! keeps coming out to the media saying "he vows to end his current goal drought" ... wata joke!

Jordi Gomez (loan, but can buy for 1.8 Mill) anyone recomend him? he started class but now he does nothing!

Abdoulaye Meite - dont really use him now, Gorks and Fitz Hall are my starting CB's, Fitz hall scored 8 goals in the first 8 games so cant take him out!

Havnt sold anyone big really, so have the origional team.

I change my tactics alot, Started with 4 4 1 1 but tried more attacking 4 2 3 1, watever i chose it doesnt seem to work. decided to change to normal 4 4 2, but dont score much goals that way.

can anyone suggest tactics that might work? also does anyone know how to change this horrible team morale i have?

Try to keep the players morale up now you're on a winning streak again. These topics might help you keeping morale up: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/29092-woifsongs-teamtalk-guide.html & http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/78314-player-morale.html
Stick to one tactic aswell; changing it a lot won't allow your players to get used to it. Not sure what tactic is best to use for QPR, but I usually tend to play in such a way most of my players play on their natural positions. There's loads of tactics on this forum; you could search and try one of those or ask here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/tactics-training/11424-what-tactic-suits-my-team.html.
As for buying players, keep a close eye on the transfer list. Loads of good players get listed, who might be surplus to requirements for their team but would be a good addition to yours. Signing youngsters from top European clubs on loan is another option.
Hope this helps, good luck!

I always sell Gomez when I use Wigan, he's ****! But in the Championship with a team like QPR you should be playing an uber-attacking formation with, for example, 2 wingers and 2 strikers, maybe an AMC behind the two strikers and inbetween the wingers. Just go all out attack from the whistle. Just use a Ball winning midfielder behind the attack force for a bit of stability.

Chears guys, Iv found a tactic that seams to be working ... but it goes against wat uv told me :S, it seams to work against the better teams in the division but not the smaller ones, so im guna start using my current tactic only for teams in the top 8, and a more attacking one for the others. Ive beaten Forrest, Bristol, Reading etc recently (the teams that are near the top) but ive lost/drew against Portsmounth, Scunthorpe, Hull (the teams near the bottom)

Ive started using a simple 4 4 2 formation with mentality counter, i seem to be winning more games now. I somehow still havnt been sacked! but im 12th in the table. I think 8th is realistic, only about 4 points behind them, but qualifying for the playoffs is almost certainly not guna happen this season, 12 points between me and 6th and thers only like 10 games left!

Im hoping i can be manager for next year and get some money to spend to actually get some half decent players! i reli wanted to bring in Kevin Phillips, but i cant afford his wages! he only wants 15K but im skint! I reli need a decent striker! Alliadier is reli ****** me off, he hasnt scored since the 1st month of the season and he keeps coming out sayin "he vows to end goal drought" and isnt doing a thing about it! time to send him packing in my eyes!

Think im guna not bother signing Gomez then, might try and end his loan early to save on wages. Taraabt and Faurlin are my best Centre Mids anyways, ther the ones baggin me goals with my new tactics!

@simsays, what youngsters have you signed in the past? iv never reli been good at loaning out players, bit of a noob in that category, Jordi Gomez is the only person iv got on loan and hes not that good

Personally, I always buy Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prague) as he's cheap (~1M) and he bags goals for fun. His value usually rises to ~14M so if I don't need him any longer I sell him for a good price. Be quick though, Man Utd. usually snaps him up right at the start of the first season.
Barcelona Atl. tend to release loads of young players (Marc Muniesa, Andrue Fontàs, Oriol Romeu & Thiago to name some), so they're worth keeping an eye on.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/lower-league-managers/49768-best-lower-league-players.html & http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aikans-good-young-player-shortlist-v-1-a.html are topics with loads of good (young) players. Should be a wonderkid shortlist on here, too, somewhere.