Need help loading my own kits!

Gollevich

Reaction score
Okay, so I've experimented with making my own fantasy team in FM11 by replacing an existing club in the editor with my own. My team ID is: 497 (the former club was called Brønshøj).

Now I spend some time making my own club logo and shirts too yesterday night just to try things out.

I have succesfully loaded my own team logo into the game, but when I try to put in the three shirts I made, they don't seem to show up. I had previously loaded Hermanchides' PL-kits and they work perfectly still. But my own kits don't seem to do so? They won't load for some reason?

I've put my three shirt .png-files (named: phantom_1, phantom_2, phantom_3) inside the kits-folder within graphics, accompanied with a config.xml folder I made staying the following:

<record>
<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
<record from="phantom_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/away"/>
<record from="phantom_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/home"/>
<record from="phantom_3" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/third"/>

</list>

</record>

Can anyone else see the problem? I'm tired and I can't figure out the mistake(s) atm.

I've spend so much time on this, so help is very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Btw. Here are the kits in case it helps solve the problem.

View attachment 193076View attachment 193077View attachment 193078

try adding the following lines to the config file:

<record from="phantom_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/away/2009"/>
<record from="phantom_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/home/2009"/>
<record from="phantom_3" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/third/2009"/>
<record from="phantom_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/away/2010"/>
<record from="phantom_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/home/2010"/>
<record from="phantom_3" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/third/2010"/>

Make sure your files are spelt correctly and that your 3 kits are in a separate folder with the config file inside the same folder.

Hope this helps.

Chris

try adding the following lines to the config file:

<record from="phantom_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/away/2009"/>
<record from="phantom_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/home/2009"/>
<record from="phantom_3" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/third/2009"/>
<record from="phantom_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/away/2010"/>
<record from="phantom_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/home/2010"/>
<record from="phantom_3" to="graphics/pictures/team/497/kits/third/2010"/>

Make sure your files are spelt correctly and that your 3 kits are in a separate folder with the config file inside the same folder.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks for the respond Chris.

I added the lines to the config file as written above but nothing seemed to happen.

My kits are placed in the following destination:
documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/graphics/kits/1st Division/

I've uploaded three screenshots to maybe help you (or anyone else) see if there's a problem.
There's a screenshot of the map, the config file and my in game view.

View attachment 193143View attachment 193144View attachment 193145

Last edited:
Mate there is nothing wrong with how you have it all set up as far as i can see. I created a new game in denmark and added some random kits to the ID 497 and they showed up perfectly. All i can suggest is that something has gone wrong with the editor... i havent had much experience with the editor (and none when it comes to putting new teams in etc) :(

But i would have thought it has got to be something to do with the kit assignment with in the editor as your club logo worked fine?

Chris

Mate there is nothing wrong with how you have it all set up as far as i can see. I created a new game in denmark and added some random kits to the ID 497 and they showed up perfectly. All i can suggest is that something has gone wrong with the editor... i havent had much experience with the editor (and none when it comes to putting new teams in etc) :(

But i would have thought it has got to be something to do with the kit assignment with in the editor as your club logo worked fine?

Chris

Aww I see. Can I maybe try to get your config file and see if that makes a difference?

Config file is the same as the screenshot you had mate - so that wont be the problem. Onyl thing i can see is that its something to do with when you changed the team to phantoms in the editor...

Config file is the same as the screenshot you had mate - so that wont be the problem. Onyl thing i can see is that its something to do with when you changed the team to phantoms in the editor...

Haha, I didn't believe that my config was the problem either - but guess what: IT WORKS!

Thank you for taking your time to look at the problem mate!

haha well there we go then.... how odd... well as long as you have got it working now thats what matters - and no problem mate, happy to help where i can... even though i have no idea what happened there lol