Need help, my current tactics are not working anymore, after half a season

Trupy

Reaction score
Hello,

i am playing fm for the first time after 12 and am quite enjoying it but i am not used to all the possibilities and the new ME.

I took up a fallen giant challenge with nottingham forrest and in the first 19 games i did not loose a single game in the league (Dropped off in the cup against Newcastle), my main formation is 4-1-4-1 DM and when i am loosing my backup solution is a classical 4-4-2 with wingers to be more offensive.

Nottingham is in a bad situation 3 key players are injured from the start for 3-6 months and you can't buy players because of the financial fair play blockade that lasts until 2017.

My problems started rising up in the last 5 games, i have 2 losses and 3 draws against mediocore table teams and i am getting tons of goals all of a sudden, 2-3 goals per game when until now i had received 13 goals in 19 games, and the thing i noticed i have tons of off-sides, in the first half of the last game i had 7 offsides and most of the goals i conceive are sharp crosses behind my defenders or through passes behind the defenders and i can't seem to fix these problems.

Tactics: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Instructions:

Tempo: Low-Normal
Width: Narrow - Fairly wide
Defence line: Normal
Passes: Mixed-More direct
Attack: Look for overlap-Early crosses(When 4-4-2)

Do you have any ideas on how to fix my issues?

Why have you chosen those roles and duties?

You really don't have anyone supporting the striker all that much, so it would make sense that you have a lot of offsides. Are most of them from your wingers? The movement amongst your entire team will get predictable really quick so it really is an issue of the AI figuring out your attack patterns and just compensating for that.

As for defence, I'd need to know a bit more info: shape, mentality, and how exactly you'd want your team to defend.