eiredale1

Reaction score
Hi there,

Having some problems going into my 3rd season with the toon. Having a very poor start, won 1 lost 6 of my first games in the division. Needing to know where I'm going wrong. Currently using tactics that I have downloaded from this site. Did decent in first two seasons, finished 11th and then 9th. I set the objectives of EUROPA qualify for this season but if things stay the way they are, there's not a hope in ****. Ill be posting ss of squad and tactics and i use with player role/duties. If anything im missing please say and ill supply.

Main issues are that I am conceding too many goals, even against 'smaller' oppositions, just not winning games. Don't know what the problem is because I was using these tactics all through my 1st and 2nd season and I did okay/decent.

View attachment 199229

View attachment 199228View attachment 199227

View attachment 199226

Here are some match facts from last few matches, not even playing that badly, just cant win:

View attachment 199225View attachment 199224View attachment 199223

Any advice?

P.S. I'm a total noob at FM also, have read the starter guides though so have a little bit of knowledge of tactics etc.

Last edited:
What sort of goals are you conceding? If there's a common theme to that then you can take steps to prevent it. It might sound a bit boring, but watch matches back again on comprehensive/full match replays, and if you notice common problems, you can go about fixing them.

You've got to remember that there may be some games that you can't expect to be winning easily in, like Arsenal and Chelsea - so maybe playing on control isn't the greatest idea, then again, it's FM, anything could work!

Most tend to be from crosses, all types of crosses. They seem to be very bad defensive errors, not sure if I'm getting the OI wrong or duties. I will watch the full 90 mins of my next few games and report back. I feel like I should be playing better thought even against the stronger sides though but thats just my thought

It shouldn't be much of a surprise. You're very attacking and in both tactics, pushing both fullbacks up without sufficient cover.

Yeah I honestly think you're better off making your own tactic to suit the players you have. Remember these tactics shared on here have been used for a specific set of players that AREN'T yours. Besides I never find any of them make any sense.

In your 4231 you want your CMs and your CDs to close down as little as possible really.

What i would try is put one FB on support (behind a winger), one Wing Back on attack (behind an IF), and Bender in a defensive midfield position, on the side of the wing back - as an Anchor or a DM(d), then Tielemans just as CM s.

Also - change the IF to an APs (still on the wing), so he drops deeper otherwise he will be isolated as the DMd wont venture too far forward to support him.